Rehydrating dry yeast.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I made 5 gallons of red grape juice and apple/elderflower wine on Friday, i didn't wrap the FV as the kitchen has warmed up a little, this morning it was still not bubbling (this is the first time it has not started in the first 24 hours) so i decided to rehydrate a couple of teaspoons of yeast as i only added 3 when i made it. (water temperature 30c - video says 96f )

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-FKIakPYKQ[/ame]

where are you getting your grape juice from?
theres none in the shops round here

steve

I can get red grape juice in all the supermarkets round here and we prefer the ASDA bottled version. (also the £1 delivery on certain days)

Sainsburys are now doing £1 delivery so my last lot came from there apple/elderflower 1.25 litre and red grape juice 1 litre per DJ.

We are having problems getting white grape juice anywhere read this thread - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50753

attachment.php
attachment.php

hi
its the grape juice i can't get i have tryed all the local supermarkets aldi co-op morrisons
i looked online tesco etc and couldn't find it at the time
i doubt they would enjoy delivering just a couple of cartons all the way out here and its not worth me driving to those supermarkets too far away

steve

Is it white grape juice, red grape juice or both you cannot get?

What does this (below) mean?

steve
.allblock_box_v1{border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#ff5500;}

i installed a add on to my web browser
it looks like it blocked a box of text, picture or advert

Weird, i thought it was your signature but when i checked there was nothing there. :confused:

Is it white grape juice, red grape juice or both you cannot get?

both juices
i was going to have a go at fruit teabag wine the recipies have grape juice in them

steve

I am surprised you cannot find red grape juice, send the store an email asking why they don't stock it, i did this a while ago and was told white grape juice is not a good seller and that is why they stopped stocking it, red grape juice must be a better seller as they all stock it.

Back