Citra SMaSH

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie72

Reaction score
Got an all day mash going on at the moment and want to do a Citra SMaSH tonight. I have never used this hop before so unsure of a hop schedule.

Anyone done a successful Citra SMaSH before who wouldn't mind sharing their recipe?

5kg MO malt for a 23l batch so far.

Thanks in advance.

For 23 litres

12g, Magnum or other bittering hop, adjusted for AA, 60 minutes
20g, Citra, 15 minutes
20g, Citra, Dry hops

10g @ 60 mins
20g @ 10 mins
20g @ 5 mins
20g @ flame out
30g dry hop

That was what I did last time i did a citra beer. Came out quite canny, but quite dry as citra sometimes does. I mashed at 66 too which it dryer, but it was still very pleasant. Not too much bitterness. That was with us-05 and it fermented out to 1.007 from 10.045

Cheers Buzz. 2 quite different recipes there! Thinking of going somewhere in between.

10g Columbus @ 60

20g Citra @ 15

20g Citra @ flame out

20g Citra Dry hop

Look ok??

Mine is for the gentle blonde type of thing. It's a tried and tested hop schedule. If you want a bigger hop thing, go more down Buzz recipe route.

My single hop citra was pretty similar to buzz recipe (thoug only 10L). Smells very hoppy but still in fv so can't comment on taste yet

Ok buzzharvey22 I am going to go for your recipe. Just opened the Citra and they smell bloody lovely!! :)

Well that was a successful evening. Started heating sparge water up as the kids were about to go up at 7pm.
Pleased with myself as for the first time got the wort down to 80'c for the last hop addition by lots of stirring (no chill). All done by 11.15pm :-D

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and Buzz for the recipe. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back