Pina Collada

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony4790

Reaction score
11287170_10205130580878810_831772115_n (1).jpg
2 L pear apple and grape
1 L Pinapple
1 L Coconut water (boil off preservatives first)
650g sugar
1 cup of tea (2 bags no milk)
5 ml Glycerine
1 TSP Yeast Nutrient
1 TSP Pectolase
1 pack of Youngs high alcohol wine yeast
OG 1.092

I put this on last weekend and it has been bubbling away furiously all week and im pretty sure it will be another week before its ready to rack into a secondary to clear . Will keep you updated as I cant wait to try it !

Please do let us know how this one turns out. Just got back from two weeks in Turkey and swmbo spent most of the two weeks drinking pina coladas! She loves the RGJ and strawberry WOW's plus the other kits that I make, but with the stocks I've built up over the last couple of months - I didn't envisage brewing that much more for a while. But she read your post over my shoulder just now, she has actually sanctioned me making this soon :)

Just a quick update on this , after the fermentation slowed down I racked off as a medium wine ( I forgot the FG reading ) and added the finings and had a quick taste as you do , although its very drinkable with a strong pineapple flavour there is not a hint of coconut so I added about 100g of dessicated coconut and have left to sit in the dark for a few weeks . I will get back to you all with a further update soon .

Back