Blackberry wine 2 years still fermenting!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remov3ableMASS

nuub brewaholic
Reaction score
Hello there!
I've recently had a spate of racking some wines I've had on the go for some time now, also bottling some.
Mostly successful especially the elder flower and berry!
Strangely the first wine I started off out of these lot was a blackberry wine. Just blackberry nothing added apart from pectin, yeast and nutrient of course.
This was 2013 September time.
Not only is this still going but it's actually bubbling so much still it's fizzy to drink!
It's got a nice flavour and not gone rank but is this unusual for a wine to ferment for so long?
I used youngs yeast, not super yeast just your bog standard wine yeast and nutrient.
anyone else had this?
cheers!

Its probably just carbonated I very much doubt its fermenting still as the alcohol would of killed off the yeast, is it in bottles if so they would of exploded if still fermenting

Thanks for your reply. No it's still in DJ, I've just racked it in to another DJ and took a SG.
So I've inadvertently created fizzy wine then?

It is also still producing bubbles through the airlock so surely as you said if this would explode a bottle?

Latest posts

Back