I'm planning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian808

Regular.
Reaction score
to add a can of malt extract to my next AG. I put the total amount into my beer enjine and hop additions so i think it should be ok with my numbers but my question is do i just add the malt after the boil and then cool. I'm doing this as i have can of malt spare and have been doing small batches. This will bring my small batch up to a 20 litre brew

I add extract to AG brews sometimes to make more beer. I mix it in after the boil and then mix it all with cold water in the FV.

I add extract to AG brews sometimes to make more beer. I mix it in after the boil and then mix it all with cold water in the FV.

So do you just do a 10 litre brew as normal and then add extract and water or do you double your hop additions as your going to double the volume ?

You do the hop schedule for the full volume in your pan say 15liter or whatever, at flame out add your DME..

then when the wort is down to 35-40 you can add it to the FV and add cold water

I thought it was already boiled as you just add it to your kit and mix it in

I wouldn't boil the extract, it will get darker in the boil, it will affect hop utilization by making the wort too dense, and it's been boiled already.

Thanks i'll brew tomorrow and add at end, chill and then top up with water

I am happy to stand corrected, I dont use lme that much, but have used dme a fair bit and that does benefit from a boil as it will achieve a hot break.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back