Grain bill

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bquiggerz

Regular.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if single could suggest a grain bill. I'm looking to use oats in it. I have crystal, MO, oats, and will use just challenger hops. I'm looking to make a pale-medium beer with an oaty taste.

Thanks people,

Ben.

Have you got beersmith? You could knock up a tasty brew with what you have there!

2kg MO
400g Crystal
200g flaked oats
20g Challenger @ 60
20g Challenger @ 10
OG 1058
FG 1015
IBU 41
Colour 18 EBC
ABV 5.7

Use 5-10% crystal, depending how sweet you ant it, and 10-15% oats, depending how oaty you want it, and the remainder MO.

Well I've almost finished my first all grain, three hours so not too bad. Cooled from 90+ C to 14 in 18 mins so all went well

Just an update, the BEER is now fermenting. Pretty well too. This will be the first time I've used my 20L drum converted to a FV. its actually 25L and the factory fill them to 20 so that means I can use my old bucket as a bottling bucket from now on.

Just took a gravity reading, 1.010 so its gone pretty low, it tastes amazing. A little on the bitter side for me personally but still better than any kit I've made so far. Thanks guys for the help and thanks @clibit for the inspiration

Sounds like it was worth it. And you will get quicker, and/or make bigger batches. And quality is important. Those few hours of sweat feel well worth it when you're sippin a lovely beer you made from scratch all by yourself! Cheers! :cheers:

Yeah think I'm going to leave it another week to clear in the FV, I don't think I got a great cold break to be honest so I don't know how clear to expect it

Thanks clibit, I want get another brew on though and I'm very space limited, I have a question, would I do two AG brews one day after the other and put both in one FV? obviously it would be the same brew

Latest posts

Back