New Amateur brewer!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewingDave

Reaction score
Evening and hello everyone, Im Dave from Derby, done a few brews with the likes of Coopers Bulldog and Milestone, although i dont have the expert kit, i've had some great results.
I am currently doing a gluten free beer, but its taking its time...! :drink:

Evening and hello everyone, Im Dave from Derby, done a few brews with the likes of Coopers Bulldog and Milestone, although i dont have the expert kit, i've had some great results.
I am currently doing a gluten free beer, but its taking its time...! :drink:

Hi, Dave

Welcome to the forum.

There have been some discussions around gluten free beer here, so it is quite a recognised issue.

There is a search facility on the site and either "clarityferm" or "gluten" should get you some useful information.

Welcome aboard! My daughter is coeliac, so anything gluten-free is good advice. Mind you, she's only 15, and I've told her if I catch her drinking she'll get a kick up the jacksie!

Thanks for the welcome guys, the only issue im having is that its taking its time (over 3 weeks) hydrometer is at 1.040 and not budging.... and... it doesnt quite smell the same, also it has alot of sediment, not sure whether to take it as an infected batch or not.. ?
I've had a search and found that a few people are having the same happen to them, so not entirely sure what to do.??

Only dropped 0010 in 3 weeks - two choices as I see it. Get some yeast in DME and bang it in, or bin it. I have to say, sounds pretty terminal to me.....

Had a look today and it hasnt changed, also looks like there is infection as there is gloop like stuff inside it.... So looks like its a bin job... :-?

Latest posts

Back