Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking tonight?

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 29-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #1
LarryF
Brew Numpty

Liked 680 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 581

Default What are you drinking tonight?

Good evening all, Friday night is beer night, not had a brew since Sunday afternoon, spitting out feathers doesn't come anywhere near covering it off. So, down to business....I'm starting the evening with a (all) tweaked Coopers Stout (Coffee, 454g treacle and aramis hops), next will be a Wherry (454g Golden Syrup), then a Youngs Harvest pilsner (BE, spray malt, brown sugar, German cascade hops) and lastly a John Bull IPA (300g honey, German Cascade hops). There might be one more after that but that'd be it for the night, at that point the Sandman turns up and it's bo-bo's time. So what's in the glass for you tonight?
Planning: Beer
The signature was starting to be hard work.
People Like This 
Old 29-05-2015, 05:20 PM   #2
Dads_Ale
Crafty Brewer

Liked 702 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Double IPA. 6%. and very drinkable

This one is my own recipe and I shall be putting it up against the kit I won as part of the recent raffle.
People Like This 
Old 29-05-2015, 06:12 PM   #3
GHW

Liked 778 Times on 514 Posts
Likes Given: 500

On hols so no homebrew. Been sampling the local fayre (Isle of Wight, Goddard brewery) but they're nowt to write home about tbh. Odd combos of hops I think (eg fuggle + cascade). So it's a golden hen and a tesco revisionist rye ale for me tonight!

Old 29-05-2015, 07:01 PM   #4
Hops_and_Dreams

Liked 253 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryF View Post
Good evening all, Friday night is beer night, not had a brew since Sunday afternoon, spitting out feathers doesn't come anywhere near covering it off. So, down to business....I'm starting the evening with a (all) tweaked Coopers Stout (Coffee, 454g treacle and aramis hops), next will be a Wherry (454g Golden Syrup), then a Youngs Harvest pilsner (BE, spray malt, brown sugar, German cascade hops) and lastly a John Bull IPA (300g honey, German Cascade hops). There might be one more after that but that'd be it for the night, at that point the Sandman turns up and it's bo-bo's time. So what's in the glass for you tonight?
Watching the cricket and enjoying a Mosaic IPA at present (SWMBO is upstairs, I refuse to watch Britain's Got Talent). Looking forward to a brew day tomorrow, not so much the bottling beforehand.
Drinking: Falconer's Flight IPA; Festival Razorback IPA; English IPA; First Gold Pale Ale; Slovenian IPA; Best Bitter; Woodfordes Wherry; Cascade/Vienna SMaSH; Slovenian Pale Ale
comicbrew Likes This 
Old 29-05-2015, 07:03 PM   #5
Hops_and_Dreams

Liked 253 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethhuwwilliams View Post
On hols so no homebrew. Been sampling the local fayre (Isle of Wight, Goddard brewery) but they're nowt to write home about tbh. Odd combos of hops I think (eg fuggle + cascade). So it's a golden hen and a tesco revisionist rye ale for me tonight!
What's the Rye like? Only tried an Adnams Rye Pale and wasn't too keen. Have you had a proper try of your black IPA yet? Having a bash at one tomorrow.
Drinking: Falconer's Flight IPA; Festival Razorback IPA; English IPA; First Gold Pale Ale; Slovenian IPA; Best Bitter; Woodfordes Wherry; Cascade/Vienna SMaSH; Slovenian Pale Ale

Old 29-05-2015, 07:09 PM   #6
Barkinglama

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryF View Post
Emptying some more Grolsch Bottles in preparation of the next brew

Old 29-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #7
coupe3234

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Coopers Original Draught, five weeks in the bottle and it's now an excellent pint.

Old 29-05-2015, 07:32 PM   #8
Redron

Liked 148 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Better brew Pennine Yorkshire Bitter. Only been in the barrel a week but four weeks in the FV so pretty clear already. Why do I/we insist on 'testing' our beer so periodically that when it's actually good and ready, it's gone !!!
comicbrew Likes This 
Old 29-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #9
Dads_Ale
Crafty Brewer

Liked 702 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redron View Post
Better brew Pennine Yorkshire Bitter. Only been in the barrel a week but four weeks in the FV so pretty clear already. Why do I/we insist on 'testing' our beer so periodically that when it's actually good and ready, it's gone !!!
Because it is available with little effort and no extra cost

Old 29-05-2015, 07:58 PM   #10
Redron

Liked 148 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redron View Post
Swiftly followed by a Triple Tykes Export Bitter, in the barrel for six weeks and very nutty/caramel. Trouble is it 'gives me wind' (polite!) and the missus is not too impressed at 2 in the morning....