What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryF

Brew Numpty
Reaction score
Good evening all, Friday night is beer night, not had a brew since Sunday afternoon, spitting out feathers doesn't come anywhere near covering it off. So, down to business....I'm starting the evening with a (all) tweaked Coopers Stout (Coffee, 454g treacle and aramis hops), next will be a Wherry (454g Golden Syrup), then a Youngs Harvest pilsner (BE, spray malt, brown sugar, German cascade hops) and lastly a John Bull IPA (300g honey, German Cascade hops). There might be one more after that but that'd be it for the night, at that point the Sandman turns up and it's bo-bo's time. So what's in the glass for you tonight?

On hols so no homebrew. Been sampling the local fayre (Isle of Wight, Goddard brewery) but they're nowt to write home about tbh. Odd combos of hops I think (eg fuggle + cascade). So it's a golden hen and a tesco revisionist rye ale for me tonight!

Good evening all, Friday night is beer night, not had a brew since Sunday afternoon, spitting out feathers doesn't come anywhere near covering it off. So, down to business....I'm starting the evening with a (all) tweaked Coopers Stout (Coffee, 454g treacle and aramis hops), next will be a Wherry (454g Golden Syrup), then a Youngs Harvest pilsner (BE, spray malt, brown sugar, German cascade hops) and lastly a John Bull IPA (300g honey, German Cascade hops). There might be one more after that but that'd be it for the night, at that point the Sandman turns up and it's bo-bo's time. So what's in the glass for you tonight?

Watching the cricket and enjoying a Mosaic IPA at present (SWMBO is upstairs, I refuse to watch Britain's Got Talent). Looking forward to a brew day tomorrow, not so much the bottling beforehand.

On hols so no homebrew. Been sampling the local fayre (Isle of Wight, Goddard brewery) but they're nowt to write home about tbh. Odd combos of hops I think (eg fuggle + cascade). So it's a golden hen and a tesco revisionist rye ale for me tonight!

What's the Rye like? Only tried an Adnams Rye Pale and wasn't too keen. Have you had a proper try of your black IPA yet? Having a bash at one tomorrow.

Emptying some more Grolsch Bottles in preparation of the next brew :)

Coopers Original Draught, five weeks in the bottle and it's now an excellent pint.

Better brew Pennine Yorkshire Bitter. Only been in the barrel a week but four weeks in the FV so pretty clear already. Why do I/we insist on 'testing' our beer so periodically that when it's actually good and ready, it's gone !!!

Better brew Pennine Yorkshire Bitter. Only been in the barrel a week but four weeks in the FV so pretty clear already. Why do I/we insist on 'testing' our beer so periodically that when it's actually good and ready, it's gone !!!

Because it is available with little effort and no extra cost :drink:

Swiftly followed by a Triple Tykes Export Bitter, in the barrel for six weeks and very nutty/caramel. Trouble is it 'gives me wind' (polite!) and the missus is not too impressed at 2 in the morning....:lol:

Drinking tonght a Partial Mash brew, based on a Wilko Real Ale kit from the last sale (at £12.75). It came out as sort of half way between looking like a red ale and a porter style ale. Amber Malt, Chocolate Malt and RB, plus English hops. US 05.

Bottled on the 10th of April.

Really good.

What's the Rye like? Only tried an Adnams Rye Pale and wasn't too keen. Have you had a proper try of your black IPA yet? Having a bash at one tomorrow.

I love it. Lots of citra and Amarillo, so can't go wrong, and if you're buying beer it's only £1.25 for 500ml.

Haven't tried the black yet. Home from hols tomorrow and might crack one then, though it's only been in the bottle three weeks. Feels like months tho.

Earlier I was drinking my second attempt at a clone beer. Very nice - it's a blonde ale brewed with a lager yeast and it has characteristics of both lager and beer. Nice.

Finishing the last of my Coopers coco and black treacle stout, accompanied by the occasional Glenlivit.
Then breaking into my Us steam beer.

Blonde golden ale I brewed with pilsner and Munich malt partial mash. All done with cascade single hop

Very nice light and almost orange zest. Will be great bbq drink if weather actually improves

DSC_0189.jpg

Couldn't agree more - the juggling act of home brewing, keeping some the good stuff until it's actually ready [emoji1]

A bit late to the game, but I was out on Saturday night and this bar I was at had a douple IPA called Dangerously Close to Stupid by a brewery called To Øl. Apparently it was 100 IBU and was hopped with a ridiculous amount of citra and centennial hops. The smell emanating from the glass was insane. It was quite bitter and easily the hoppiest thing I've ever tried, but it was also pretty damn drinkable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back