• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale - Homebrew equipment - BIAB

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_Ewok

Reaction score
Beloved beer mashing set.
Everything needed for making all-grain wort, BIAB method. Picture shows set-up used. Mostly stainless steel for clean brewing. All parts very well looked after and fully functional. My first step from grain to glass.

Includes:
Boiler - with custom weld-less tap (original tap can be replaced if requested)
Funnel + filter
Large grain bag and some muslin cloths
Counterflow plate chiller - 30 plate (exceptional chiller - stainless steel and brazed copper)
x2 Quick disconnects for chiller - stainless steel for wort and ordinary garden hose connectors for water (quick description below).
Silicon tube - (for hot wort)
PVC tube - (cool wort)
Standard garden hose tube - (hot water)
x3 Silicon washers
x1 clamp

The counter flow chiller is very good. Hopefully the picture shows the set-up clearly. Hot wort goes through silicon tube and cool wort comes out of the PVC tube and into the funnel + filter which pours into your fermentation vessel. Yellow plastic connector fits to a standard garden hose connector (cold water) and the hot water comes out of the copper connector into your kitchen sink, bucket etc (the water does get impressively hot, so recommend using it efficiently).

I've used all the equipment very effectively without the need of a pump. Wort goes through the counterflow chiller very quickly via standard gravity syphon method.

Equipment now surplus to requirements. In no particular rush to get rid. Ideally looking for £185 ono

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

Last edited:
Nice setup and a nice price. Good luck with the sale.
If you don't mind me asking how much did your plate chiller cost?

I'm in Scotland :cry: I'm driving down to Heathrow and then Bognor next month though and could do a detour that way on the way home if you still have it.
Wow, what a journey!! Yeah, that'd be great. Will let you know if anyone makes an offer in the mean time, but if not, its yours!!

Not sure now. Difficult decision because I'm considering getting a Grainfather. If the Grainfather trial gets a go I want to try that and also see other people's feedback and maybe buy one but I also considered buying your equipment to convert and make my own 3 in 1 brew setup. It's a big detour too so if you still have it when I am down that way I will message you if I decide to go for it.

Not sure now. Difficult decision because I'm considering getting a Grainfather. If the Grainfather trial gets a go I want to try that and also see other people's feedback and maybe buy one but I also considered buying your equipment to convert and make my own 3 in 1 brew setup. It's a big detour too so if you still have it when I am down that way I will message you if I decide to go for it.
No problem just let me know. It pretty close to a grainfather, just no pump, which isn't a problem when gravity feeding anyway (lot cheaper as well).

Back