The Berkshire Home brew club(TBHBC)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazzer

Reaction score
Good Afternoon all. I'm a brewer at The West Berkshire Brewery and been thinking it's about time Berkshire has a home brew club. I started my career of the back of being a successful home brewer. TBHBC is in the final stages of planning and I'm looking to hold a monthly meeting held at the brewery. So this is a message to all home brewers in berkshire or any one who fancy's being a part of this. All levels of home brewing are welcome including wine,cider and them crazy mead makers.:drunk: Please get in touch as the home brewers are what makes a club.

:cheers:

kind regards

Steve Munro

Amazing. Ah so you know Dave than? Yea the brewery job was a dream come true. Stay posted for more information coming soon.
regards steve

Eve all. Good to see some Berkshire brewers popping up. I've had a writing plan approved for the club. Some finally bits to iron out but all look's to be a yes for the club meeting to be held at the brewery. Aiming for the first meeting to be on the 30th august. The club will formally begin on the 25th October. A club email will be set up soon and all social media (the thought makes me shudder) so contact will be nice and simple. If u have any questions just drop as a msg on here.

regards steve

Hello,

I would be interested also, your brewery is just under an hour from me.

Please keep me updated

Cheers

Ben

Definitely interested in this! Unfortunately I will be away on the 30th August for my stag do, would be great to meet some local home brewers and share info/bottles. Looking forward to it!

MC, I doubt you'll want to discuss beer after your stag do is over (congratulations by the way)!

Looking forward to meeting people who are brewing in the area; are there any places other than the aforementioned brewery that we might meet?

MC, I doubt you'll want to discuss beer after your stag do is over (congratulations by the way)!

Looking forward to meeting people who are brewing in the area; are there any places other than the aforementioned brewery that we might meet?

Maybe not straight after the stag - day or two later perhaps... :lol:

I can certainly recommend this pub
http://nagsheadreading.com/home.php

always have an excellent range of beers on tap - easily 15 different beers! not exactly in the centre of town but its only a brisk walk from the train station!

Maybe not straight after the stag - day or two later perhaps... :lol:

I can certainly recommend this pub
http://nagsheadreading.com/home.php

always have an excellent range of beers on tap - easily 15 different beers! not exactly in the centre of town but its only a brisk walk from the train station!

Have you tried the Castle Tap? Seen it advertised as a craft beer pub but haven't managed to get in there yet.

There is always a problem with any beer related club/group etc. in Berkshire as outside of the main towns public transport is very limited.

And some publicans don't like home brewers, I remember we got a lot of resistance when we put home brewing articles in our local CAMRA newsletter.

Have you tried the Castle Tap? Seen it advertised as a craft beer pub but haven't managed to get in there yet.

There is always a problem with any beer related club/group etc. in Berkshire as outside of the main towns public transport is very limited.

And some publicans don't like home brewers, I remember we got a lot of resistance when we put home brewing articles in our local CAMRA newsletter.

No I haven't even seen it advertised. The Fox and Hounds in Caversham, I'm also told is a decent craft beer pub but haven't made it in there either...

Is that a publican resistance or a CAMRA resistance? Without trying to put anyone's backs up (as I don't know how many folks on here are CAMRA members/supporters) it seems there is a CAMRA way of doing things that doesn't always seem to go hand in hand with actually campaigning for decent quality beer/ale... my take on it is, if people are actively looking for ways to promote the consumption of anything other than macro-brewery produced fizzy ****, then crack on! :cheers:

No it was a publican resistance. We actually held a CAMRA home brew competition at Newbury racecourse (I won it and got a T shirt from the now defunct Foxley Brewery...)

Eve all berks brewers. Hope all is well in the pots and fermenters. Its been a crazy 3 weeks in the brew house and I've been to London to brew a 5bbl batch of my honey, ginger and citrus saison. The honey was from a local bee keeper and its top notch stuff. For Reading craft/good beer my top 4 are the castle tap, the grey frairs, nags head and the hobgoblin no order just good pubs. The oak ford is hectic but good beer. Right time for a plug....West Berkshire Brewery Octoberwest. A full on octoberfest style beer festival. Check it http://www.wbbrew.com/oktoberwest/ Im gutted, I'm in Florida on the day so get your selfs down there. Expected tickets sales are 650. Right back to TBHBC. Its Been decided that with my holiday and a Octoberwest, we should hold the first meet on the 29th November.
Happy Brewing
steve

Latest posts

Back