Pineapple cider recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLW87

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to brew a pineapple cider anyone got a good recipe basically to add to shop bought juice.

Joel

Google adding fruit juice to home brew i did last night and theres a web site its a shop and they tell you how and when to add things from hops/grains to fruit / juices purees to jars of stuff even tin fruit, if i remember i'll try put link up for you as im on ipad and i did it on comp
It lets you print it too which i did

Came home today and was welcomed with the sweet smell of a ripe pineapple so it was time to start.. got two big cooking apples the best i could get at this moment and had the herbs and other stuff at home..

5 liter water
1 ripe pineapple
2 cooking apples
400 gram unrefined canesugar
1 cinamon stick
2 cloves
litte bit of sulphite

0.5 pack of cider yeast
1 tsp yeast nutrient
0.5 tsp citric acid
0.5 tsp pectic enzyme
1 cup of strong tea for the tannin.

sanitized my 10 liter fermenting bucket and threw in 400 grams sugar poured over some boiling water and desolved the sugar. Then topped it off to 5 liter with cold water. Gave my fruit a nice bath of clean water and cleaned it well.

2014-03-14154453.jpg

cut of the top and bottom of the pineapple and cut the rest of the pineapple in pieces with the skin on and cut the apples and added this to the sugar water. then added the stick of cinamon, 2 cloves and some sulphite (campden) gave it a good stir.

2014-03-14155558.jpg

2014-03-14155605.jpg

let it ferment for 7/8 days and then transfer to secondary for a few weeks to get some age

Latest posts

Back