BIAB advice needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

what's the easiest way to BIAB with a wilkos 12l stock pot?

what do you use, a net curtain? how would you clean it so that it's suitable for holding the mash? (I suspect putting it in the washing machine would leave it with a detergent aroma.) :whistle:

Hi all,

what's the easiest way to BIAB with a wilkos 12l stock pot?

what do you use, a net curtain? how would you clean it so that it's suitable for holding the mash? (I suspect putting it in the washing machine would leave it with a detergent aroma.) :whistle:

HI you can pick a square meter of muslin cloth up on ebay for 2 pounds thats what i use

Steve

Cant see why not biab bags come in 3 different grades fine medium and coarse i think think i was using the coarse bag at first

Don't think I've ever cleaned my BIAB bag. Anything nasty will get killed in the boil - that's what I tell myself anyway. Probably about time for a boil wash

Don't think I've ever cleaned my BIAB bag. Anything nasty will get killed in the boil - that's what I tell myself anyway. Probably about time for a boil wash

Neither have i thats what the boil is for isnt it lol
Anything after yeah supper clean always rinse it though afterwards

After use, I just wash my bag under the running tap and turn it inside out to rinse off the bits of grain. Then I hang it up on the clothes line to dry off before storing it inside. No soap or other scented thing is needed for obvious reasons.

After use, I just wash my bag under the running tap and turn it inside out to rinse off the bits of grain. Then I hang it up on the clothes line to dry off before storing it inside. No soap or other scented thing is needed for obvious reasons.

I give it a good rinse off to get any grain debris off it but I never actually 'wash' it

Back