Too hot in the shed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltrock

Middle aged member
Reaction score
had a wherry brewing in the shed, but it was about 29 c today, have I ruined it? It's been on for 2 days, was bubbling through the airlock like mad earlier

I've got the same with a wine cleaned the airlock at least 6 or 7 times in last 24 hours
its been stood in water for the last 24 hours and its still top end of temp or slightly over
it was ok until i had to add the cooled boiled water on the 3rd day and give it a little shake its still fizzing away

had a wherry brewing in the shed, but it was about 29 c today, have I ruined it? It's been on for 2 days, was bubbling through the airlock like mad earlier

You'll be ok, though there is potential for "off flavours" from the yeast at these temperatures. If it tastes particularly Belgian-like or banana-ish, then let the beer condition for longer once you've bottled/kegged it, and it will fade away.

You will have to wait and see. Hopefully it wasn't too high for too long
It is the first couple of days where the most off flavours and vigurous fermentation is produced so it could be that you will get a lot of off flavours and fusel alcohols. What you will want to do is drop the temp very quickly to limit any damage,

Sadly time will not heal those sort of off flavours.

I have two kegs of beer sitting in my garage/Kitchen conversion. It is about 24 degrees in there. The kegs have been conditionig there for about three to five months now. Is there anything I can do to help keep them in good condition?

I have two kegs of beer sitting in my garage/Kitchen conversion. It is about 24 degrees in there. The kegs have been conditionig there for about three to five months now. Is there anything I can do to help keep them in good condition?

get some B&Q builders trugs, hopefully a keg will fit in one put some water in the trug and put ice in the water. Failing that wrap wet towels arround the keg and point a fan at them

Latest posts

Back