Wherry Wondering

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornyandy

Reaction score
Okay so I'm going to say it and risk it, I have never had a problem with Wherry. It makes me wonder though with so many people reporting issues whether to stop tempting fate with the little sachet of yeast and stick a gervin in. I wonder how the flavour might be affected. Most of all I wonder if my esteemed brewing friends think it might be worth it.

Cheers

A

Okay so I'm going to say it and risk it, I have never had a problem with Wherry. It makes me wonder though with so many people reporting issues whether to stop tempting fate with the little sachet of yeast and stick a gervin in. I wonder how the flavour might be affected. Most of all I wonder if my esteemed brewing friends think it might be worth it.

Cheers

A

Gervin is quite a clean yeast with a high attenuation. So flavourwise it should let the hops and malts shine through. However because it can attenuate so highly it can lead to a drier beer. Some people swear by it though. I used to use nothing else cuz it's so cheap from wilko

Latest posts

Back