Saison Suggestions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niman

Reaction score
Ive gotten to the point where i can churn out pale ales that are mainly drinkable , with the warmer weather i thought i would try something different.

have a couple of packets of mangrovejacks belgian ale yeast so was thinking a saison.

however looking about the variances in recipes is vast to say the least so i thought i would keep it simple and see what happens , im open to suggestions for additions .

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2081&stc=1&d=1436124199

saison.JPG

I have made some very decent Saison style beer from just kits. The yeast is so much the star of the show in this style, that subtle nuances are for a very sophisticated palate indeed.

Here is the idea.

Get two "one can" kits or or one "two can kit", add as much sugar as you feel appropriate and just do it.

It will be great, but the lead times on that greatness are quite long, in my experience. It does seem to take a while.

Examples - Coopers Lager plus Wlko Cerveza, Wherry (!!)

That was by far my fave Wherry, the only one that was not slow fermenting, cloudy for no reason, even with US 05, generally annoying etc, etc.

what commercial saisons have you tried?

and how do yours compare?

I only ask because i'm not aware of any cheap and nasty commerical ones, as it's not like lager, so HB'ers have a higher bar to beat those?

Latest posts

Back