Gas v electric

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxxyjazz

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed before. I am about to move into a new house and I'm going to have a garage. Which means I can upgrade my kit. So I'm thinking of a new boiler. Something like a 40l buffalo boiler. But then I got to thinking would it be better to get a propane burner and a bigger pan? I know with the electric boilers you might have to bypass some thermal cut offs to maintain a boil, so is it worth just getting the gas burner to avoid all this?

M

as clibit says both are good options. I think what to do, would be to consider the pro's and con's of both.

E.g. As you say you might have to bypass some thermal cut outs, for me that would be a massive con as I know nothing about electrics and wiring and would worry I'd burn my block of flats down in a massive electrical fire, so I'd choose the burner & big pan.

FWIW i started with an electric boiler

changed to gas and a 70ltr pot can do double the brew sizes in a similar timescale which when time is limited is a good thing.

also means i dont get scary leccy bills..

Back