Hi everybody

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alside101

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hello my name is Alex im from west yorkshire in the uk. I have been brewing for about a year and have done a few cider kits but im now wanting to get into ale. I am working on a AG setup i have acquired a few empty kegs just waiting to get tools and start converting. I have an idea for my first brew from kit (with modifications). I would like to share my plans with you all to get some feedback and advice so if someone would be nice enough to point me to the right place il get posting.

Thanks Alex 😊

Well I'm sure we would all give you any advice on your plans, but being a typical Yorkshire man you are aren't giving anything away, come on don't hold back, tell us your plans.

Welcome to 't forum by 't way (I'm an East Riding type so might understand tha lingo if tha starts gettin a bit ower broad like)

Thanks for the warm welcome guy and gals. Right my plans are (and bare with me as i get carried away)
Start with a dark ale kit and replace the suger with golden syrup ferment for as long as is needed then age on charred oak JD chips (rinced and sterilised) that have been soaked in JD for a month or so. Im thinking a month aging will be enough then transfer to pressure barrel and prime with maple syrup. Feel free to point and laff at my tweeks just aslong as you follow it with good advice. Also any tips on a kit to start with would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Alex

Have a look in the general beer discussion forum there is a thread about favourite beer kits members have brewed.

Latest posts

Back