Safbrew T- 58

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone used this yeast?

I want to brew something similar to a belgian beer but fermenting in the higher temperature. I have been brewing Saison beers (25c to 30c) but fancy trying something different.

Any thoughts chaps?

:|

Just used it in a patersbier-style beer (thread in Brewdays).

Very happy with it, fermented quickly (although I left for 2 weeks). Bottled yesterday, so can only report from hydrometer sample but smelt and tasted fruity and spicy and very Belgian. Much prefer this to the Safbrew Abbaye I also used recently.

Just used it in a patersbier-style beer (thread in Brewdays).

Very happy with it, fermented quickly (although I left for 2 weeks). Bottled yesterday, so can only report from hydrometer sample but smelt and tasted fruity and spicy and very Belgian. Much prefer this to the Safbrew Abbaye I also used recently.

yup, i'll be re-visiting t-58 again.

as for safbrew abbaye, it goes off like a rocket.

in my 30litre fermenter filled to 22litres of 1.073 wort it still overcame the airlock as its predecessor did. so I need to brew less, brew weaker or change my yeast.

I did re-hydrate but all my previous sprinkling onto wort yeasts have worked well albeit with a lag.

in my 30litre fermenter filled to 22litres of 1.073 wort it still overcame the airlock as its predecessor did. so I need to brew less, brew weaker or change my yeast.

You can still brew 22 litres if you use a blow off tube. All you need is a blow off tube into a large jar of water or sterilising solution until the ferment calms down. Take a look here and see what you think.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNbJlxnWiA[/ame]

You can still brew 22 litres if you use a blow off tube. All you need is a blow off tube into a large jar of water or sterilising solution until the ferment calms down. Take a look here and see what you think.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNbJlxnWiA

that's exactly what I did :cool:

but the airlock part still got blocked by krausen. its popping at 90 beats a minute ATM!

that's exactly what I did :cool:

but the airlock part still got blocked by krausen. its popping at 90 beats a minute ATM!

you could try a bigger tube pushed directly into the lid of the fermenting bucket, but that would probably mess up the lid for future brews unless you always were to use the larger blow off tube

Back