Hello from Norfolk!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrTerror

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,I'm Mike,as per the title,from Norfolk!.I live about 3-4 miles from the Woodfordes Brewery,so I am in good company!.My Grandfather worked for Watneys all his life,and my father spent a good few years there too,unfortunately they have both passed away before imparting any knowledge to my ignorant self,so I have too admit to being a total newbie in this new found hobby of mine.(I did dabble with Boots brew kits in the mid 80's but less said about that the better!);-).
Anyway,to cut a long story short,(well short'er') I received a Coopers DIY beer kit for fathers day (the plain lager one),and since then I have managed to make a heated,st1000 controlled brew fridge,thanks to the good old Mother-in-law who donated the fridge! (I didn't let her know exactly why I wanted it though,and she would probably have a fit,as I 'dremeled' a load off the inner door,so as to fit the FV on the foor,so I have enough room to remove the krausen ring ...:rofl:).
Anyway,just finished the brew,and plopped it in to the new fridge at a constant 21.5c with a 1c leeway,I couldnt fit the heater under the FV and still have room to remove the krausen ring,so it had to go infront of the cooling element...:cry:,but hopefully it will be OK...Just dont tell the Mother-in-law....:???:

Thanks for having me here!,all the best.
Mike

Hello! A fellow Norfolk-folk. Spent Friday building a brew fridge also: looking forward to more stable fermentations soon!

I think that kit wants to be fermented in the 18-20C range.

just seen your avatar, it's about time you came out of the closet Darth with your mission to convert the feeble of mind over to AG. ;) now that you have there's more room in there to do your fermenting (AG only of course :-D )

I think that kit wants to be fermented in the 18-20C range.

Cheers for that buddy,the instructions said 21c-27c,I read somewhere it uses beer/ale yeast,but I suppose it will be OK a bit lower,just take longer to ferment I would have thought...

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

Latest posts

Back