Taken the plunge on a Grainfather

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soton

some random guy
Reaction score
Well I have taken the plunge on buying a Grainfather, well sort of! I'm on a reserve list to get one from Belgium when there next delivery comes in in a couple of weeks time
Hopefully the pound will stay strong against the Euro and it should work out about £565 delivered.
I bounced a few emails to the shop in Belgium and spoke to Niels, who was amazingly helpful, he explained he can't guarantee anyone any Grainfather until the new delivery comes in as he has been let down with numbers once they arrive at his shop
He has a dangerous online shop as he stocks lots of great brewing kit, it looks like it could be my goto overseas supplier while the pound is strong

Does it have a continental style 2 pin plug as opposed to a UK 3 pin plug?

From my experience of living abroad there might be issues with warranty etc

Regards
Paul

£594 at Geterbrewed, should come down to £565 with discount, you'd get it quicker and a bit closer to home if you have any issues :)

£594 at Geterbrewed, should come down to £565 with discount, you'd get it quicker and a bit closer to home if you have any issues :)

I just checked on there Irish site and if I buy in Euros I should work out at about
£555 if delivery is free this might be a better option, thanks for the tip:cheers:

No duty charges or extra VAT at all within the EU.

I've bought a lot of gear from China over the years and never been charged any extra duty or VAT even for items costing a hundred quid. Strange that. Chancellor is missing a trick there. From America, I've been hit every time unless the duty / vat was paid upfront.

No duty charges or extra VAT at all within the EU.

I've bought a lot of gear from China over the years and never been charged any extra duty or VAT even for items costing a hundred quid. Strange that. Chancellor is missing a trick there. From America, I've been hit every time unless the duty / vat was paid upfront.

Shhh! Don't let the bugger know!

Latest posts

Back