Nottm newbie

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maduggo

Reaction score
Hiya esteemed brewers of the fun stuff.

Chris, 49 and from Nottingham, long time biker, aquarist, HGV heavy haulage and 2 german shepherds.

Have decided to take the plunge and try making my own, been doing some reading up as a visitor but now joined to clarify a few matters, these questions will come on a further post.

Looking forward to starting to gather my kit and prepping my area for the brewing.

Any tips are welcome, both equipment wise and beer kits for the beginner.

Catch you soon :party:

Welcome from me.
If you are just starting out, I recommend you keep it simple initially; try a one can kit plus adjuncts or 'enhancements' which will usually give good results. I would go for a Coopers kit. There are a fair few to choose from, the English Bitter is good, Coopers yeast works well and settles well when finished and you can start drinking your brew from about three weeks after bottling although it will improve with keeping. I would also go for at least two weeks in the FV with minimal interference, then at least two weeks conditioning. Keep a good regime of cleaning and sterilising, in particular anything that comes into contact with your brew. And buy and use a hydrometer. All this will set you up to try new things as time goes by and perhaps move into AG if you have the inclination
And of course ask lots of questions on here, people love to help.

Latest posts

Back