Been Converted To The Dark Side

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

advisabledata

Reaction score
So guys after bottling my IPA last night I am attempting my first All Grain Brew wish me luck. Pictures to follow

image.jpg

I'll never move back after reading Clibit's thread.

Looks good, I've found the simpler the recipe the better the results. My best beer to date was a 2nd mash from spent grains. I only made 8 pints of the stuff but it still ended up close to 4%. It was a lot simpler than the chocolate Stout which was my main beer but it tasted so much better.

One tip I got from a mate - taste the grains after you use them and if there's still sweetness then there's still sugar to be extracted. Try as I done and make a smaller batch of weaker beer with them. Add some table sugar if you must to beef up the OG.

I'll never move back after reading Clibit's thread.

Looks good, I've found the simpler the recipe the better the results. My best beer to date was a 2nd mash from spent grains. I only made 8 pints of the stuff but it still ended up close to 4%. It was a lot simpler than the chocolate Stout which was my main beer but it tasted so much better.

One tip I got from a mate - taste the grains after you use them and if there's still sweetness then there's still sugar to be extracted. Try as I done and make a smaller batch of weaker beer with them. Add some table sugar if you must to beef up the OG.

Sounds like brilliant advice, to me!

Ok guys I have had a look at my brew and I don't think it looks right what do you think.

image.jpg

If you just chucked everything into the FV from your pot/boiler without attempting to leave the trub behind, it looks fine to me

What's the brew length btw and when did you pitch the yeast?

I used a strainer and I don't know about brew length and yes pitched yeast my first attemp and I just winged it hah

Back