Demijohn cleaning.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hate cleaning DJ's, i never seem to be able to get the brush into the shoulder part, i have just used one of these which fits in a drill, its now a 2 minute job and they are spotless.

1374764777-60545300.jpg

Great idea but a bit expensive, I suppose if you do a lot of cleaning it's a must have.

I usually make my wines 4 DJ's at a time, i find the cleaning part a right pain in the **** as i never seem to get the inside clean with a bottle brush, for me this is worth every penny. :wink:

I have used that type of brush and it struggles to get the real crusty mess out of the shoulder just below the base of the neck, using the drill dj cleaner is a lot faster and less messy.

I clean dj s with a pressure washer now, just point n squirt. The water swirls about with such force it gets into every where.

Scaff

I use 2 x 27l FV's and a 23l glass carboy

After each use I fill them up with a VWP solution and leave overnight... a good rinse the next day and hey presto, they're gleaming.

I use starsan for general use/bottling etc...

I use a toothbrush which I've heated slightly and bent into the ideal shape to reach the scum on the shoulder. Works easily for me.

Nice one on the pics, I've just done me a bendy toothbrush...

Thanks

I fill mine up with spring water and put a few goldfish in.....only joking

Latest posts

Back