Immersion Wort Chillers at cost + p&p

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManseMasher

Regular.
Reaction score
Evening folks. Anyone fancy an immersion wort chiller at cost price plus postage and packing? I can get 10m of 10mm copper pipe for £17.10, plus a couple of quid for fittings. Don't know how much postage would be, but I reckon for around £30 - £35 total you'll not be far off. I'll make them, they might not be as pretty as commercially made ones, but they'll do the job. Why am I offering this? I'm a 'First Responder' in my local area. If there is a 999 call that the Ambulance Control Centre think we can deal with, they'll call us first (40 odd callouts since February). We are volunteers, and run purely on donations. All I would ask if you want one, is to think about a small donation (a life-saving defibrillator costs around a grand). Of course, you don't have to, and I will make you one anyway! I would need the depth/width of your boiler to make sure I maximise the surface area.

Cheers,

MM

One of the biggest surprises of Internet communities like this one is how many genuine, altruistic people there are. I've seen it time and again on different forums, had a guy repair a hundred year old pocket watch with a broken balance wheel for me for buttons on a watchmaking forum. I was really grateful to him and he wouldn't take anything for the work but the actual costs for parts and postage. This is the same kind of genuine generosity. Kudos to MM.

EDIT:

By the way MM - DPD do very cost effective couriering of quite heavy parcels for a small amount. - Worth a look maybe?

Edit again:

It's more than I said for people like us sending the odd parcel.

http://www.interlinkdirect.co.uk/maximum-parcel-weight.jsp

Other couriers are available:

https://www.yodeldirect.co.uk/

I'll be needing a chiller but we've spoken privately. I'll get in contact when I actually get round to buying one.

Thanks

I'll get one made this week for pictures to put on here. When you're ready it's yours, and if you decide to hang on for a while, I'll either use it myself or move it on!

I'll get one made this week for pictures to put on here. When you're ready it's yours, and if you decide to hang on for a while, I'll either use it myself or move it on!

It will probably be 2 weeks until I brew again so I won't purchase until then. Will send a PM.

Or I could just shape the pipe, supply it with no fittings, £17 plus p+p (provided of course, my supplier of pipe doesn't change the price!)

Any donation gratefully received, but not a prerequisite!

Like I said, looks aren't everything! I have attached two short lengths of 15mm pipe so that hoses can be jubilee clipped on, and I have bent the ends of the pipe so a) it hangs on the edge of the boiler and b) if there are any leaks it shouldn't end up in the wort.

Back