Help required please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stagbrew

Reaction score
I'm currently brewing my first batch from kit. It is festivals golden stag summer ale. It has been fermenting for 2weeks now. But I'm not sure how it should look

image.jpg

I haven't took any hydrometer reading since the first day. My plan is to take reading Monday Tuesday and if they are ok bottle. I was just a bit worried with those bubbles that it was still fermenting

The instructions with the kit said to bottle after 10 days which would have been Wednesday. When I looked in the bucket I didn't think it was ready. However the appearance hasn't changed since Wednesday

looks fine. As long as it's been kept at a decent temp it should be at FG now.

If you take a reading and it's 1.010-1.012 ish, it's almost certainly done. I would just get it bottled.

Well folks that's it bottled tonight. Readings 1.008.

Filled 2 mini kegs and around 26 bottles. Although the first 5-6 bottles none of them are filled to the same level haha

Cheers for all the advice! Can't wait to try it now!

Well folks that's it bottled tonight. Readings 1.008.

Filled 2 mini kegs and around 26 bottles. Although the first 5-6 bottles none of them are filled to the same level haha

Cheers for all the advice! Can't wait to try it now!

Honestly for a few quid get a little bottler stick, whether you stick this on your tap or siphon it will make bottling so much easier.. it has a sprung end when pressed to the bottom of the bottle it will fill gently from the bottom and when it fill to the top of the bottle remove the stick and the stick will displace the beer leaving the perfect space every bottle.. simple but clever little device.

Honestly for a few quid get a little bottler stick, whether you stick this on your tap or siphon it will make bottling so much easier.. it has a sprung end when pressed to the bottom of the bottle it will fill gently from the bottom and when it fill to the top of the bottle remove the stick and the stick will displace the beer leaving the perfect space every bottle.. simple but clever little device.

Rather embarassingly when I was cleaning up after I finished I found the bottler stick I didn't realise what it was until I had finished!

Next batch will definitely be bottled better haha

Latest posts

Back