service bay or service pit or four post vehicle lift

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elderberry

Reaction score
i own a long wheel based transit jumbo camper van conversion and i want to clean and repaint the underneath of it.

does anyone know of any where that has a four post vehicle lift for hire or self use or a farm or industrial area that has an old fashioned service pit in the ground or a pair or tank ramps above ground. I am hoping that someone knows someone which can get me an introduction or owns one them selves

I am in the midlands but i am willing to travel to them . if a great distance i would like to stay in the camper van conversion on site over the weekend.

I have all my own tools and equipment and will not need any extras

I am willing to pay cash for either a finders fee and successful introduction and or an hourly rate for there hire or a fixed day rate

I will be looking at two long weekends from Saturday morning through to sunday afternoon to get it all cleaned up and repainted properly

if anyone knows of a farmer or an old army base or RAF base that has above ground ramps or a service pit, i can pump any amount of water out of it first and can reinstate the boards afterwards if required or an abandoned site or yard or even a new place that i can rent for a weekend

I am also thinking old service bays to an industrial unit or mechanics yard or building, any where really is considered. does not matter if the site is a demolished area or not

i am also looking for a flat level piece of concrete where i can jack the van up and use axle stands to do the work underneath

as i live in a terraced house i have no where i can do this work so any help please in finding a spot to do so

for more info and details please pm me, peter

I have to say, possibly the strangest request I have ever seen on a homebrew forum. Good luck with your quest though!

I have to say, possibly the strangest request I have ever seen on a homebrew forum. Good luck with your quest though!

mate i have this advertised on several facebook pages and all the forums i use and work on including this one, lol

but if anyone does know of anyone that could help please let me know

this is just one of those items that everyone has seen but not for years let alone used. but it could save me a load doing it my self as its nice and easy once i have some where to do it safely

I can remember there used to be a garage round here that used to rent ramps, I imagine the insurance is so high and demand is so low it's not worth the effort.

I can remember there used to be a garage round here that used to rent ramps, I imagine the insurance is so high and demand is so low it's not worth the effort.

its like a lot of things people only want it when they are desperate or its broken.

we used to use one place for the car and that was max four times a year if that and a few hours as well. a lot used to rent the whole ramp out to a mechanic and he would " trade" from that ramp

also pits fell out of use many years ago as the price for ramps went down, and its only really lorries that need them and you can have lifts for those too now

what i was thinking of is some where , were the ramp is forgotten but to big to dismantle , so a farm say or an old factory that once used to look after its own vehicles rather than just spending money on an outsourced garage service.

the are loads still about but the ones i have asked so far want to do the work for me as they dont allow non employees to do works, or they want it done in the working hours not weekends or the main answer is a flat no and basically its easier to say no than to think about it

Good luck with your search, give us a shout if you find something.

Latest posts

Back