To Bottle or not to Bottle??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorhomebrew

AKA - RobsHomebrew
Reaction score
That is the question? So im currently moving house and the move came quite sudden or els I wouldn't be in this predicament. as some of you may know im currently brewing a raspberry lager and its sat quite comfortablely at the old house in the brew fridge. I checked it today and added some flavouring and head retaining fluid and the gravity reading was 1.010. starting gravity was 1.044. its been in the brew fridge just over 2 weeks now at 13c and im getting more pressure off the mrs about when it will be ready and I can shift all my gear over to the new house. ( she wants to clean ) I dont know why she cant clean everywhere els first. "Woman" anyway so I dont know weather to bottle now or wait a until the end of the week to bottle to see if it drops any more?? its been at 1.010 for a few days now but with it being a lager and being brewed at such low temps im unsure weather it has finished as lagers ferment much slower as we all know. I wouldn't be in such a flap about it if that bloody woman would get off my back as id just leave my "baby" ( my brew ) alone for another week.

anyway thoughts chaps?????

cheers

It's probably at FG, so you can bottle if you need to.

With it being a lager though, it should really be lagered, but if you can't do it, get it bottled and condition it in the bottles.

I lager once bottled. ill bottle soon as

Good man. I might do a big batch of lager, bottle half after fermentation and condition in the bottle and bulk lager the other half. Be interesting to see what kind of difference it makes.

yeh iv read people "bulk lager" but iv always been worried about infection and im probably wrong here but yeast falling out of the beer so when I come to bottle it wont carbonate? ??!????

yeh iv read people "bulk lager" but iv always been worried about infection and im probably wrong here but yeast falling out of the beer so when I come to bottle it wont carbonate? ??!????
Obviously you should be careful sanitising, but the concern's more for oxidation really. That's why glass is generally preferable, or atleast a smaller fv with little headspace.

There should be enough yeast to carbonate but I would use a little dry yeast when bottling just incase. Us05 or something clean.

Latest posts

Back