Coopers English Bitter taking ages to ferment...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seefman

Reaction score
This one has been in the fermenter for 2 weeks and is still bubbling away:

1X can Coopers English Bitter

500g Coopers light-spraymalt

500g dextrose

250g Muscovado

1X ounce Cascade added @ start

Gervin ale-yeast (rehydrated)

The temp has been a constant 20-22 degrees throughout. Seems odd that it's taking much longer than normal. SG is declining gradually.

If it helps I've got the same kit going at the mo minus the muscovado and hops with the kit yeast which was set up 2 weeks ago Saturday and is still bubbling away. Temp has been 19-21 in a water bath. I wouldn't worry as long as the gravity is decreasing and it isn't unusually low.

This one has been in the fermenter for 2 weeks and is still bubbling away:

1X can Coopers English Bitter, 500g Coopers light-spraymalt, 500g dextrose, 250g Muscovado, 1X ounce Cascade added @ start, Gervin ale-yeast (rehydrated)

The temp has been a constant 20-22 degrees throughout. Seems odd that it's taking much longer than normal. SG is declining gradually.

Thats a decent list of fermentables for the yeast to munch through, 20-22°C is about right for a nice steady ferment, doesn't sound like you doing anything wrong.

What was your Starting gravity and whats the gravity reading you have now after 2 weeks ?

No worries !
As mentioned, that's a list of fermentables . I often leave my brews in the FV for four weeks. It won't do any harm and despite opinions to the contrary , I very rarely rack my beer to get it off the trub, I've had no issues yet !

Latest posts

Back