Blichmann beer gun - Chinese copy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timtoos

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want a Blichmann beer gun - for its simplicity really. I looked into making a counter pressure bottler but when I totted up the cost to make with stainless steel parts the cost was up at about £70 - the blichmann is just shy of £83 at BrewUK.

Anyway I have kept looking on eBay and yesterday a guy in China started selling a 'rip-off' beer gun for £30. It looks the same as the blichmann so I emailed him. He said its basically the same but the metal isn't as strong.

Do you guys have any more information you can add? Are the Chinese copies good/bad? What about spares? I know the blichmann unit loses its bottom rubber stopper easily.

Ive had lots of Chinese things in the past and the quality at best is sporadic. I also know they reverse engineer anything they can get their hands on.

Whats your thoughts guys?

Hi guys,

I want a Blichmann beer gun - for its simplicity really. I looked into making a counter pressure bottler but when I totted up the cost to make with stainless steel parts the cost was up at about £70 - the blichmann is just shy of £83 at BrewUK.

Anyway I have kept looking on eBay and yesterday a guy in China started selling a 'rip-off' beer gun for £30. It looks the same as the blichmann so I emailed him. He said its basically the same but the metal isn't as strong.

Do you guys have any more information you can add? Are the Chinese copies good/bad? What about spares? I know the blichmann unit loses its bottom rubber stopper easily.

Ive had lots of Chinese things in the past and the quality at best is sporadic. I also know they reverse engineer anything they can get their hands on.

Whats your thoughts guys?
If you decide to go for it, please let us know how it works out... :grin:

Last edited:
I have been looking at them on ali express. Can get them delivered for just under £30, only down side is its a few weeks wait for it to turn up

Has anybody tried 1 yet?
I`m on the verge of buying a genuine Blichmann but would hate to think I spent £90 when I could have got away with £30.

I got one, It doesn't come with any fittings or hose so you have to add that cost on to yer £30.
You do get a spare rubber tit for the end of it but you're aswell to silicon it in place as that seems
to be the norm with the Blichmann one.
I've yet to try it out as I still need to get the beer hose for it.

well i have the Blichmann beer gun and the quality is great. Probably better resale value well if you decide to get rid.

Latest posts

Back