Who Knows_2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian808

Regular.
Reaction score
Keeping the thread title of Dad of Jon.
Here is my latest brewday and whoever guesses OG and FG correct or nearest wins and bottle.

Grain Bill:
Golden Promise Pale Malt 4800 grams
Crystal Malt 250 grams
Torrefied Wheat 40 grams

Was going for 200 gram wheat but only had 40 so stuck it in anyway.

Hops:
Simcoe 15@75 mins
Citra 10@15 mins
Citra 30@0 mins
Irish Moss 2@15 mins
Yeast US 05

This was a 21 litre brew and and I batch sparged the grain twice after an hour mash. I have been hitting my target OG since batch sparging but I think doing it twice I got a lot higher than planned.

As the winner will receive a bottle in the post it will be a plastic bottle and there will only be one winner so the first person to post correctly wins if no one wins it's the closest in points drop.

Hoping the winner will do the same and keep this going along.

This is a great idea and despite the embarrassment of winning, I guess 1052 and 1013, because I once tried to learn how to play bridge. :hat:

Right I've been busy at work the last few days so I'll be bottling this on Sunday and will post results after bottling. Last chance to get in on the act.

Ok so bottled this last night and target was 1054-1013 my actual was 1060-1010 mansemasher was closest but sneaking in with the closest points drop was dad of jon who had 46, actual was 50. So dad of jon pm me your details and I'll send it out to you.

As dad of jon started this I've decided to also send mansemasher a bottle as he was closest to actual OG. Can you pm details MM and I'll send one out to you as well.

Ok so bottled this last night and target was 1054-1013 my actual was 1060-1010 mansemasher was closest but sneaking in with the closest points drop was dad of jon who had 46, actual was 50. So dad of jon pm me your details and I'll send it out to you.

ooh! cheers :drink: 6.5% right in my ball-park.

I will have a brew to win to keep up the who knows thread but it's planned for the weekend of the 12th sept. I haven't finalised the recipe yet, but will post when I have.

I'm on holiday at the moment but tried one before i left and it seemed ok. So it will be ready when i return so will need address for posting bottles out. Not back until start of october and won't be on here much as a lot of people using wi fi and hard to get on.

Latest posts

Back