Hello all...newbie here

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangerous

Reaction score
Hi there. As a keen drinker of real ales I have finally took the plunge and bought myself a home brew kit. I havent much knowledge in the brewing department so I am hoping to get a bit of help from you experts.
Cheers !!

I bought the kit from a local wine and beer making shop..the beer I have is Brewmakers I.P.A.

Im going to bottle my first brew. Im going to start the brew on saturday when I have got time to concentrate on what im doing.

Hope Saturday goes well, just remember to clean and sterilise everything that touches your beer, ie the stirrer, the can opener or scissors for opening the kit or brew sugar bags etc. Enjoy your first brew day !

Oh, and the kit instructions are usually very optomistic,having been written by the marketing/sales team ie. 'drinkable beer in 10 or 14 days'.

Most on here go with 2 + 2 + 2 which means 2 weeks in the fermentation vessel, then bottle or keg. Then 2 weeks in the warm to carb up, then 2 weeks conditioning somewhere cooler if possible before sampling/drinking. Its difficult to be patient with your first brew, we have all been there, but you will be rewarded with clearer, better tasting beer if you can be patient.

thanks for that mate...i will try and adhere to it. I dont want to mess it up so I will do my best to be patient. I cant see the point in rushing it if its not going to taste right.

Latest posts

Back