Biab

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you say ' as a starter' what would someone who bought this perhaps progress to? A brew pot?

I brew in a bag, but my plans are to step up to a 3 vessel system, which is a little beyond my expertise at the moment (set up wise).

I was tempted by the starter kit, but as I already had a 19 litre pot, I went down the gas route. I now have a 50 litre pot and a gas ring which runs off a calor gas bottle.

I don't chill as we are on a water meter, which influenced my choice somewhat.

If money was no object, I'd have a large insulated shed with a 50 litre 3 vessel system, aah one day...

Its marketed as a starter kit, which may indicate a lifespan of some sort, the replacement heater elements are readily available for instance. Only you can decide to stick with it or upgrade.

If it suits your needs at the moment buy it, I don't think you can go wrong at that price. :thumb:

I also should mention that I'm no expert, I've only gone to BIAB about a month or so ago, so the above is only my opinion. It looks like a good deal to me, but I have no idea of the quality of the items.

I brew in a bag, but my plans are to step up to a 3 vessel system, which is a little beyond my expertise at the moment (set up wise).

I was tempted by the starter kit, but as I already had a 19 litre pot, I went down the gas route. I now have a 50 litre pot and a gas ring which runs off a calor gas bottle.

I don't chill as we are on a water meter, which influenced my choice somewhat.

If money was no object, I'd have a large insulated shed with a 50 litre 3 vessel system, aah one day...

Its marketed as a starter kit, which may indicate a lifespan of some sort, the replacement heater elements are readily available for instance. Only you can decide to stick with it or upgrade.

If it suits your needs at the moment buy it, I don't think you can go wrong at that price. :thumb:

How much water would a chiller go through? I am on a water meter and costs are about a £1 for 1000l. I remember working it out when the wife had a hot tub fitted

It's quite a lot....maybe 200L? Filling up 20L from hose takes around 5 mins, chiller will run for 40 mins, plus or minus 10 mins. So 20p?

Back