My new brew fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colliefish

Regular.
Reaction score
What do you guys think?
Constructive criticism welcome
I've got temp set for 20 degrees with half degree variant either side.

a8888888888.jpg

Lovely job! Obviously the door trays come out, and what I've done with my shelves is cut a recess for the taps so I can get the fvs in a bit further, and put stuff on the taps (bottling stick etc) without having to faff about. I've also taken the bulb out of the inside (no reason really except I didn't want light on whenever heater or fridge was on whenever I opened the door). Satisfying isn't it!

I thought I'd leave the door trays in as it would be a good place to condition bottles.

I'm pleased I no longer have vessels all around the house.

They should be mounted Horizontal to make them more efficient I had to put it that way for the time being as I havnt got around to lengthening the cable so it can sit in the bottom.

I thought I'd leave the door trays in as it would be a good place to condition bottles.

I'm pleased I no longer have vessels all around the house.

Fair point. Just from the pic it doesn't look like the door will close properly?

Yeh all closes nice and tight. Must say I'm loving the temperature controller. Really good bit of kit

They should be mounted Horizontal to make them more efficient I had to put it that way for the time being as I havnt got around to lengthening the cable so it can sit in the bottom.

The subject of horizontally or vertically mounting these heaters has been discusses several times in the forum, the reason why they have to be mounted horizontally is not to make them more efficient its to stop them overheating.

Please note that Safety Guards and stacking kits are available.

Sizes Available:
1 Foot (300mm) = 45 Watt
2 Foot (600mm) = 80 Watt
3 Foot (900mm) = 135 Watt
4 Foot (1200mm) = 180 Watt

WARNING THESE HEATERS MUST BE MOUNTED HORIZONTAL EITHER FLOOR OR WALL, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE MUST THEY BE MOUNTED VERTICAL AS THIS MAY CAUSE A FIRE HAZARD

Well my nervous disposition got the better of me. The heater is now fixed horizontally. :clap:

It would have been fine. The fermenter would have melted and beer would put the fire out.
Oh wait
Hmmmm. Beer wasted or house burning down?:electric::electric::electric::electric::electric:

Hi! Just thought I'd jump in as I am about to assemble my beer fermenting fridge, and I have a question!
I have a working fridge, an "Elitech E-1000" temperature controller, and 1-foot/40 watt tubular heater. So I am hoping to connect the tempt controller to the fridge and the heater (which will be inside the fridge) then set the temp at 20 and away we go!

BUT - just looking at the instructions for the tubular heater and it says the heater "is designed to operate continuously until the environment reaches approx 15c, at which point it may start to cycle in the safety cut-out feature."

Is this a problem? Hopefully not! I just read this and thought that sounded like it won't heat over 15c?

Not sure. Mine is a 1 foot 40 watt tube heater and it heats if temp drops below 19.5.
I never read the instructions.

Hi! Just thought I'd jump in as I am about to assemble my beer fermenting fridge, and I have a question!
I have a working fridge, an "Elitech E-1000" temperature controller, and 1-foot/40 watt tubular heater. So I am hoping to connect the tempt controller to the fridge and the heater (which will be inside the fridge) then set the temp at 20 and away we go!

BUT - just looking at the instructions for the tubular heater and it says the heater "is designed to operate continuously until the environment reaches approx 15c, at which point it may start to cycle in the safety cut-out feature."

Is this a problem? Hopefully not! I just read this and thought that sounded like it won't heat over 15c?

Post the make/model, or a link to it, and I'll see if I can make it out!

I can't wait to get myself a brew fridge. I've needed one for so long and once the man cave build is complete it will finally be mine!

I can't wait to get myself a brew fridge. I've needed one for so long and once the man cave build is complete it will finally be mine!
Mine's proved invaluable mate, especially when getting temp up to 28 and keeping it there is concerned!

Mine's proved invaluable mate, especially when getting temp up to 28 and keeping it there is concerned!

Yeah I bet. I use a great big workman's trug with an aquarium heater in it to get heat and my room's boiling in summer so I can knock out a decent enough saison although the heat's not quite as constant as I'd like. My main problem is cooling it down.

I really want to do an authentic Biere de Garde which means keeping a temperature of 17-18 and that just never happens in any room in my house.

I can't wait!

Latest posts

Back