First brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kman

Regular.
Reaction score
Well I've got my starter kit and a beer kit from my local home brew store, it's a beer works bitter. I'll be attempting my first ever brew once I get the baby in bed. Wish me luck [emoji4]

Good luck. One thing kit's never seem to put on their instructions is about aerating your wort. It's really important. Get a whisk and whisk the hell out of the wort before you put the yeast in

Good luck Kman hope it all goes well, get yourself a spray bottle and fill it with sterilizing solution and then clean and sterilize everything and then spray it and rinse it you can't clean too much. When you've pitched the yeast leave the lid on the FV, I know you'll want to have a look and a stir but leave it alone, this time of year is the worst for wild yeast infections so resist if you can. Don't forget to take you starting gravity (SG) and let it sit for two weeks. All the best Kman, I'm sure you'll end up with a lovely brew.

The brew is in, just waiting game now, 5 days then hops time
Niiiice. My 1st has been Fermenting away nicely since Thursday. I started it Wednesday evening 😀. I dnt have any extra hop additions. It's guna go stright in to a pressure barrel for its conditioning

Niiiice. My 1st has been Fermenting away nicely since Thursday. I started it Wednesday evening [emoji3]. I dnt have any extra hop additions. It's guna go stright in to a pressure barrel for its conditioning

Let me know how it goes, I've definitely got the bug already [emoji106]

mine has been in since last sunday morning. Leaving it for 2 weeks before i keg..... Just wonder how i can get it to taste like KEO...

I've got mine in a cupboard under the stairs, it's a constant temp in there so hopefully get no problem

Nothing now :rofl: it used to be a nice beer then they went and changed the recipe, think they have added maize as well as other things

Day 5 of fermentation and it's time for the hop addition, goldings hops 50g. Smells of beer now, the horlicks smell has gone. 5 more days then it shall be done [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back