Bench top capper?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRedDarren

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Can anyone recommend to me a decent bench top style capper?
My little handheld wilkos special is nearing it's end! I would like something of better quality and longevity really, does anyone have experience of a particularly good make or model?
Many thanks.

How long have you been using the wilko's capper for? I only ask as I'm wondering how much use I can expect out of mine. I've been using it since january and it's still going strong

Ah fair play, it may last a bit longer then! I've had it from about June I think, it seems to be getting a bit 'looser' and a bit less able to cap. Especially some bottles like Guiness porters.
I also want something that'll let me cap a bit quicker.

I don't have one I use the hit with a hammer cheaply it is nearly 3 years old. Basic but keeps going.

Out of interest (i don't use them) and in case anyone else was wondering do you have to clamp or screw it to the bench (or a piece of board) or is it free standing?

Out of interest (i don't use them) and in case anyone else was wondering do you have to clamp or screw it to the bench (or a piece of board) or is it free standing?

You can screw it to a bench, it has a hole in each corner of the base plate for the screws to go through.

I haven't screwed mine down, I just get it out for bottling, use it then pop it away until next time.

Well I've ordered this one.
I've ordered it with the 29mm collar too. I have nothing to bottle until after the next brew day so I'll let you know my thought on it then. ;)
Also ordered this while I was at it!

even if you don't screw them to a bench, at least attach to a small piece of wood. gives it a bit of stability.

Latest posts

Back