Hya all, newbie fae scotland!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deckerdude

Reaction score
Hy all, deckerdude from Buckie in Scotland here!!
Back to home brewing after a lay off of nearly 15 years!!
Used to make wine and beer for about 18 years before that, so.....not so 'newbie' after all!
I'll start off with kits, (extracts), basics just now but will want to find home brew shops in Scotland that sell a whole range of brewing equipment that i can 'experiment' with!
I'm into the medium to strong beers and always have been, however--(is it just me or am i rambling on a bit here!!)--over the last 3/4 years I've been into the stout type beers and would love to try experimentation with them and the Porter types, so i'll be looking for ideas, recipies and just general chit chat about them, prepare to have your brains picked!
I don't 'do' wine any more, so i'll not be going down that route again, however i DO like a dram of the 'guid stuff' from this neck of the woods AND from Ireland.....i've been told it can be made...WOOHOO!!
Enough from me for now, back sometime soon, bye for now folks!!

Hello from sunny Wales!
I bought greg hughes book from amazon and it has great recipes especially stout and porter. Summer ale now fermenting for the rugby final! I hope!!

Hya HebridesRob, pleased to meet you! Went to an interesting shop today, across from Morrisons in Inverness. They sell a whole range of Wine and Beer making kits, and the syphon tubes, thermometers, etc,etc, all the stuff we need, including the cracked barley, chocolate malt, brewing sugar, finings etc.
The place is called 'Farm & Household stores', and is on Milburn Road, as you enter Inverness from the A9 south.
They do a click and collect service too.
www.fhstores.co.uk
Email: [email protected]
I know that you are a bit 'out of the way' as it were, but actually, this is MY nearest home brew store too, as i'm in between Aberdeen and Inverness sort of!
Tesco used to do homebrewing at their Inverness store, but do not any more. The brews i ordered from them came from their Manchester Depot! You probably know most of what i've told you, but i hope it helps anyway!
Just one other thing, the Coopers Stout Extract is much cheaper through Tesco's rather than at this Farm & Household store, by about £3/£4 quid depending on what type of brew your after.

Hya HebridesRob, pleased to meet you! Went to an interesting shop today, across from Morrisons in Inverness. They sell a whole range of Wine and Beer making kits, and the syphon tubes, thermometers, etc,etc, all the stuff we need, including the cracked barley, chocolate malt, brewing sugar, finings etc.
The place is called 'Farm & Household stores', and is on Milburn Road, as you enter Inverness from the A9 south.
They do a click and collect service too.
www.fhstores.co.uk
Email: [email protected]
I know that you are a bit 'out of the way' as it were, but actually, this is MY nearest home brew store too, as i'm in between Aberdeen and Inverness sort of!
Tesco used to do homebrewing at their Inverness store, but do not any more. The brews i ordered from them came from their Manchester Depot! You probably know most of what i've told you, but i hope it helps anyway!
Just one other thing, the Coopers Stout Extract is much cheaper through Tesco's rather than at this Farm & Household store, by about �£3/�£4 quid depending on what type of brew your after.

Yep, my nearest shop too, a mere 90 miles away. Good though and a saviour for me as it stocks the Hambleton Bard cylinders. Good stock of lots of other stuff too, as you say, not the cheapest but good to have :cheers:

Hoping to learn from some of the seasoned pro,s on here..great website
I bought my first batch of ingredients from worcesterhopshop and have to say they were the cheapest on the net and service was excellent. Foil packed too.

Good luck with the brewing

Hy all, deckerdude from Buckie in Scotland here!!
Back to home brewing after a lay off of nearly 15 years!!
Used to make wine and beer for about 18 years before that, so.....not so 'newbie' after all!
I'll start off with kits, (extracts), basics just now but will want to find home brew shops in Scotland that sell a whole range of brewing equipment that i can 'experiment' with!
I'm into the medium to strong beers and always have been, however--(is it just me or am i rambling on a bit here!!)--over the last 3/4 years I've been into the stout type beers and would love to try experimentation with them and the Porter types, so i'll be looking for ideas, recipies and just general chit chat about them, prepare to have your brains picked!
I don't 'do' wine any more, so i'll not be going down that route again, however i DO like a dram of the 'guid stuff' from this neck of the woods AND from Ireland.....i've been told it can be made...WOOHOO!!
Enough from me for now, back sometime soon, bye for now folks!!

Latest posts

Back