Geterbrewed craft-a-grain

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clibit

Reaction score
I like the look of their craft a grain system. Basically choose how much you want of each grain, hop, yeast etc. So you can buy as much of each grain and hop you want to the nearest gram. I just hope they pack each grain separately? If so, my next order is likely to be from them. Plan my brews, and buy exactly what I need, taking existing stocks into account.

http://www.geterbrewed.com/customized-grain-kit-en/

Nice idea. I have so many bags of left over hops in my freezer it would be nice to free some space. I use it to cost my last brew and they don't have Apollo and it is more expensive compared to other sites

I like the look of their craft a grain system. Basically choose how much you want of each grain, hop, yeast etc. So you can buy as much of each grain and hop you want to the nearest gram. I just hope they pack each grain separately? If so, my next order is likely to be from them. Plan my brews, and buy exactly what I need, taking existing stocks into account.

http://www.geterbrewed.com/customized-grain-kit-en/

What, no leftover ready steady brew?!!

I need a break from left over ready steady brew! It's all i do!

It's not actually expensive. They have cheap grain, like maris otter blend for about �£1/kg, and the yeasts are good value (and they have a great range of Wyeasts), and the hops are all pellet hops and the prices are similar to HBC and Maltmiller, for pellet hops - which keep better than leaf hops. Limiting it to pellet hops has limited the range available, maybe they will extend it to include leaf hops, but they still have a very good selection of pellet hops.

I have no reason to promote any of these places, and I've never used Geterbrewed before, I usually go to HBC and MM, but this looks like a good way to buy your ingredients to me. As long as the grains are kept separate.

It's not actually expensive. They have cheap grain, like maris otter blend for about ��£1/kg, and the yeasts are good value (and they have a great range of Wyeasts), and the hops are all pellet hops and the prices are similar to HBC and Maltmiller, for pellet hops - which keep better than leaf hops. Limiting it to pellet hops has limited the range available, maybe they will extend it to include leaf hops, but they still have a very good selection of pellet hops.

I have no reason to promote any of these places, and I've never used Geterbrewed before, I usually go to HBC and MM, but this looks like a good way to buy your ingredients to me. As long as the grains are kept separate.

I speak with the good folk at GB quite regularly mate - want me to find out for you?

If you speak to them, yeah, that would be good. And maybe suggest adding in leaf hops? They probably have left them out for a reason - like fitting them into the tea bags. But why not do them in foil wraps?

I like the idea about that rather than having lots of bits and peices.

I do like them they seem like nice people, although I have found and this is covered in the point above I haven;t always been able to get the hops I wanted..

on my last order I got grains and such and got a seperate order from worcesterhopshop..

I actually like to have hops lieing around. It forces their use in experimental brews or at least brews that i wasnt planning for.

Me too. I try to use what I have. I buy a few with an order then work out how to use them. But I end up with too many half packets. So maybe if I ordered 50g at a time instead...

Me too. I try to use what I have. I buy a few with an order then work out how to use them. But I end up with too many half packets. So maybe if I ordered 50g at a time instead...
It's a bug bear of mine that you can't get whole leaf hops in 50g packs. When you do mainly 10L brews it's not uncommon to need just 10g or so for a recipe. So you end up with loads of leftovers. I presume the main online retailers portion them up themselves as otherwise how do they make up their ingredient kits with the pre weighed hop additions?

So there's nothing in principle stopping them. Assuming prices were ok I'd buy off any site that sells smaller packs.

Geterbrewed sells hop pellets in 50g packs. As well as in 100g, 225g and 450g packs.

Been looking at this myself and it looks like a good method for getting everything needed for a brew. With their outlet being so close to me (about 8miles if that) its a no brainer for me to use it. :clap:

Of course I haven't a clue as to what I'd be looking for as yet, the grainfather is still in the box.:? It's criminal I know but I have one beer and one wine kit in the fermenting fridge, another kit to do and the geterbrewed giveaway to come before I fire her up. Thought it'd be best to get a couple of kits under my belt before starting ag to give me a gentle induction :wink:

You could use it to get ingredients for a few brews. Those of us who need to pay postage.

It's not actually expensive. They have cheap grain, like maris otter blend for about �£1/kg, and the yeasts are good value (and they have a great range of Wyeasts), and the hops are all pellet hops and the prices are similar to HBC and Maltmiller, for pellet hops - which keep better than leaf hops. Limiting it to pellet hops has limited the range available, maybe they will extend it to include leaf hops, but they still have a very good selection of pellet hops.

I was just wondering why you were so keen on the grain being packaged separately? Is it a trust thing or do you steep or mash some separately?

I have just come off the phone, speaking to Deborah at Geterbrewed. If possible they would like to send all the grain in one bag, but if you put that you would like the grain in separate bags in the comments box on your order, they will happily accommodate that. It sounds as if we might get some for a competition too.....

Brilliant thanks Manse. Put me down for the comp. As the winner. :-)

Instantly rules himself out of any prizes.... :doh:

Any chance of leaf hops, like...? :?

Brilliant thanks Manse. Put me down for the comp. As the winner. :-)

Instantly rules himself out of any prizes.... :doh:

Any chance of leaf hops, like...? :?

Have you ever heard of a mod or ex mod winning ?:pray: Clibit :grin:

Latest posts

Back