New homebrew supply and craft beer shop in Ayrshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howyoubrewin

Regular.
Reaction score
Hey all you ayrshire brewers and craft beer drinkers. I stumbled upon a new homebrew supply and craft beer store in Kilmarnock yesterday called Top of the hops. Naturally I couldn't pass without a look so I sent the wife and kids on their merry way and ventured in.
I was greeted by Johnny the owner (a keen homebrewer himself) who patiently listened to my homebrew stories and showed me some of the beer kits in stock.
He has a fantastic range of beer, wine and cider kits,hops,grains,yeasts and equipment.
The reason I was in though was to check out the craft beer section which is extensive to say the least! Johnny proudly picked out a handful of his favourites from his stock of 300 and offered me a sample (driving unfortunately).
I am very excited at this shop being open as I no longer have to travel to Glasgow for my craft beer and homebrew fix!
Johnny has only just opened so the website is still to be finished but he will be doing online orders and local delivery. He also told me if there was a product I want that he doesn't have then he will order it in.
All in all a good shop,a nice fella and a welcome addition for all us Ayrshire brewers!

Check out Top of the hops Facebook page in the mean time. Johnny will be happy to answer any questions.

I predicted that lol. No it's not Johnny here but I do live in Kilmarnock and this shop sticking around for a while would make life a heck of a lot easier for me so I hope to get the word out there and get the guy some business. So in short I am not the owner of the store posing as someone else, I am not affiliated to or employed by the store in any way but I just walked from my house to a store that sells all the homebrew stuff I usually have to buy online and pay shipping for and wait couple days delivery for. So for selfish reasons I absolutely am invested in this shops success.

I only buy sugar and DME from the Glasgow home-brew shop at Partick, its £6.50 for 100g of hops, i can get three times that elsewhere for the same price. Maybe Johhny will be more reasonable. :D

I only buy sugar and DME from the Glasgow home-brew shop at Partick, its £6.50 for 100g of hops, i can get three times that elsewhere for the same price. Maybe Johhny will be more reasonable.

I am sure he will give you prices if you speak to him.

I'm just starting out and live in Ayr so might head up there today or tomorrow. Certainly easier than trying to get to Dumbarton Road.

Well move fast coz he is closing down imminently. No market in ayrshire for this kind of shop apparently so he is finishing up.

Latest posts

Back