Mash Tun connections

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calluma11

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm sort of looking for a bit of clarification here. My research comes from old, old posts, so I may be a bit out of date.

I bought this fitting to attach to a cool box for a mash tun. However, it seems as though the polystyrene layer is a bit thick and I wont be able to close the valve as the lever won't have room from the outside layer.
Image%2015.jpg

So, I thought 'no problem, I'll stick a tank connector on to give me a little extra breathing space'
Well, that was until I realised the other side of the tank connector has nothing to attach things onto (ie, my copper manifold - 15mm). My research leads me to believe I can file out the middle of the tank connector and feed copper pipe through to my desired length?
ae235

Would a better option be to use a coupler? The only issue with these sort of images is that I can't see the other side, so not sure how/what it could fit on?
ae235

Hope I'm on the right tracks? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Off to screwfix tomorrow

Thanks! :hat:
Callum

I can't find an essex flange on screwfix. Looks ideal though.

Would a nipple with compression fittings on each end (and backnuts to seal) so a good job?

I'm after the most secure fitting really

Thanks

Use the male coupling you have shown with a short piece between and it will be perfect

Latest posts

Back