S-33 yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybacardi

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just used some S-33 yeast and it went nuts after about 6 hours and continued for abour 24 hrs and then slowed right down to virtually a stop over the next couple of hours. Has anyone else used this yeast with the same thing happening to their brews, thanks. Pete

It's a good yeast but tends to stop around 1018-1020. Ive used it with US05 to get the S33 flavours and the 05 attenuation.

I don't mind its flavour profile but I've noticed too that it usually finishes high. Last brew I did with it was about 9% and it carbed up in normal time so it does have high alcohol tolerance going for it.

Done two brews with it now and both have finished at 1.020. I've got half a sachet of US05 so I might chuck that in.

Update..I left it in the secondary for 2 weeks and i bottled it after it finished at 1.002. Thats better than i expected after the coments ive had about the s-33 yeast. I make it 4.99% . That'll do for me.

Back