Beer brewed from sea water

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 4 years ago I was in Boston with work and had a beer made with salt, can't for the life of me remember what it was called but fairly sure it was a Sam Adams. It was a dark larger, very hoppy and was served in a glass with a salted rim much like a cocktail would be. I must have liked it because I remember having quite a few. I think it was somehow filtered through rock salt to give it the flavour.

The ingredients are listed on the bottle as water, malt, hops, yeast, sea water - so I suppose if that's in order of the amounts as is usual then there can't be a lot of salt water in there, hardly a splash by the looks of it.

About 4 years ago I was in Boston with work and had a beer made with salt, can't for the life of me remember what it was called but fairly sure it was a Sam Adams. It was a dark larger, very hoppy and was served in a glass with a salted rim much like a cocktail would be. I must have liked it because I remember having quite a few. I think it was somehow filtered through rock salt to give it the flavour.

Might have been a special. They do Verloren, a gose, but doesn't really fit in with your description.

https://www.samueladams.com/craft-beers/verloren

Latest posts

Back