Promote your LHBS!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManseMasher

Regular.
Reaction score
Evening all. I think it's about time we had a thread giving your Local Home Brew Shops a mention, so if you can, give their names, addresses, websites and a quick note on what they are like. Hopefully we'll get a good few, and maybe their custom might benefit too!

If you can, give a rating out of 5 (5 being the highest).

Not everyone will, but let's be positive - this is for the members, and to maybe help some people get some more business.....

The Home Brew Shop in Aldershot. 4/5

They have a huge range of kits and grains/hops/other paraphernalia but the price markup is obviously going to be more than the online retailers. The main chap who owns the shop is sometimes in a good mood and other times makes you feel that you're wasting his time...male menopause possibly.

Steve, one of the guys who works there midweek, is a legend and very friendly/informative.

I must say that I'm starting to phase them out a little in favour of ordering in bulk on HBC or Maltmiller. Very handy if you suddenly need more hops/specialty grain at short notice, though.

The Home Brew Shop in Aldershot. 4/5

They have a huge range of kits and grains/hops/other paraphernalia but the price markup is obviously going to be more than the online retailers. The main chap who owns the shop is sometimes in a good mood and other times makes you feel that you're wasting his time...male menopause possibly.

Steve, one of the guys who works there midweek, is a legend and very friendly/informative.

I must say that I'm starting to phase them out a little in favour of ordering in bulk on HBC or Maltmiller. Very handy if you suddenly need more hops/specialty grain at short notice, though.
Yeah I agree, as much as I want to support my LHBS I'm considering planning 4-6 brews at a time, buying in bulk and milling my own grain

Mine is www.lovebrewing.co.uk in Liverpool great service and always available to answer any questions, make their own beer kits too, 5/5 for me

Chesterfield

292 Chatsworth Road
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
S40 2BY

Tel: 01246 279382
Mon-Sat: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sun: 10:00am - 2:00pm

Liverpool

591 West Derby Road
Tuebrook
Liverpool
L13 8AE

Tel: 0151 228 8377
Mon-Sat: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Sun: 10:00am - 2:00pm

Great thread Manse.

Natures Way is also my local. Full of knowledge and a decent selection.

While I'd give them 5/5 instore I'd only give them 2 Stars for their online presence. Their online shop sucks TBH.

I hope they they read this as I want nothing but success for them.

Once there gone there gone! i buy bulk grain from HBC, hops mainly online from where ever but for kit and the rest of the stuff i use these guys lovey people and have plenty of knowledge that you dont get through online sources!

The Hop And Grape

117 North Road, Darlington

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...0HkYr919o1JpcAJ40TOhbw&bvm=bv.107467506,d.ZWU

Edit forgot to rank, i will give them 4/5 for the reason sometimes there website shows liquid yeasts in stock however sadly when you visit the shop the one i fancied is out of stock, Quite ironic that the internet site lets them down

Yeah forgot the details:

Hamstead Brewing Centre, 37 Newton Road, Great Barr, Birmingham. They are very knowledgeable, extremely helpful and good with AG recipe advice. All round 5/5.

Brew Genie has two shops, one on Mason Road in Erdington and one in Hall Green. Less knowledgeable but a good range of hops. 3/5

I wish I had one, I'd support it fully.
I'd open one, but I'm unfortunately handicapped by not knowing my **** from my elbow.

The Big Smoke - Sarf ov tha riva:

London Beer Lab
Arch 41, Nursery Rd, Brixton SW9 8BP London

http://londonbeerlab.com/home-brew-supplies/

5/5 - Although they sell do home brew supplies its not their core business but accomodate HBers really well. The owners are very friendly and knowledgable. You can also get as many free 330ml (and some 500ml) bottles as you'd ever need

Ubrew
Old Jamaica Business Estate, 24 Old Jamaica Rd, London SE16 4AW

https://ubrew.cc/

4/5 Again home brew supplies are not there core business. It's quite frustrating that they dont have what supplies they have on their website (that's why I only gave them 4/5). Matt the owner/founder is exceptionally friendly. I would have given them 3.5/5 but they'll order in whatever liquid yeast you want and you'll only have to pay the cost of the yeast and not the postage costs, which I think is great. If you can avoid going on the weekend do so as it can get really busy

My local is about 15 miles away from me, in Fareham, Hampshire.

http://www.4u2brew.co.uk/

Last time I went in there (about 3 weeks ago), the guy was looking to sell so he could retire. So if anyone is interested in buying a Home Brew Shop?

Back