Got it going , well started anyways !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrcwcb89

Regular.
Reaction score
Got all my stuff threw the post so took a trip to Tesco earlier and got my juice and syrup [emoji6]

d2dc23383aff6b9fe2c12689891686a1.jpg

Went for the raspberry syrup been reading the recipes on the forum and loved the sound of Roddys raspberry TC. I didn't add sugar to the recipe but did mix in 100ml of the syrup got a SG of 1.056 so should be roughly 7.4%

Tbh was bit higher than what I was wanting but I'll roll with it to see how it goes [emoji108]🏼

590300ef799ab3f0dd03ce936d0c22f6.jpg

a19929041733faac8b46d4523b6ea72c.jpg

Hope it all goes well shall keep you guys posted [emoji106]

nice work !

Are you going to prime with sugar or more syrup ? that'll add a bit more abv too, you'll be closer to 8% probably 😵

Raspberry's one of my fave tc's 😃

Hey roddy yeh it smelt amazing it's bubbling away nicely 20odd pops a minute so it's under way [emoji16]

Yeh was going to batch prime with more syrup then bottle [emoji106] was thinking about 50 ml more , what do you think ?

I know tbh I didn't want that high but first go and all that ! If it's a good enough taste bad stuff next time could I take away a carton of juice and too it up with water to bring the ABV down ?

Indeed chippy ! Hoping to make a Christmassy cider in next few days and possibly a WOW something cherry if I can get my hands on some polish cherry syrup [emoji108]🏼

Not sure, the stuff i make is around 1090 and takes about a week and a half now the house has cooled down, you can wrap the DJ in something to speed it up.

Hey roddy yeh it smelt amazing it's bubbling away nicely 20odd pops a minute so it's under way [emoji16]

Yeh was going to batch prime with more syrup then bottle [emoji106] was thinking about 50 ml more , what do you think ?

I know tbh I didn't want that high but first go and all that ! If it's a good enough taste bad stuff next time could I take away a carton of juice and too it up with water to bring the ABV down ?
I would go for about 65ml, that's around 6g per 500ml (x 9 bottles)

Yeh to lower abv next time, dont add any extra sugar or syrup at the start and just prime with the syrup for flavour. I sometimes add syrup at the start cos I know I won't use a whole bottle to prime. I don't notice much difference if I add some in at the start, the flavour pretty much gets zapped by the first fermentation.

the SG of plain aj (the stuff with around 11g sugar per 100ml), is about 1.045 (or 5.9% abv when finished at 1.000), so you don't need much more sugar in at the start !

Good fun to experiment though.. my first cherry tc I made far too strong (about 10%), tasted ok but I would lose the last part of the evening a lot of the time haha

ps.. my I bottled my latest cherry tc on thursday, 9 days after I started it. It was in a cupboard with a heater, so temp was a steady 20-22 deg, will take a bit longer at lower temps as chippy says

[ame]https://vimeo.com/145784962[/ame]

Ohh its bubbling [emoji16]

Excited already and it's not even been going for 24hrs lol

Oh really that's fast then ehh how long do you leave it before drinking it ,

I hope to prime and bottle before 24th Nov then leave them for two weeks while I'm away at work them sample them once I'm home.

I'm guessing I need to leave them in the warm to carb up and then put them somewhere cool is that right ?

Cheers again

yer at last a week in the warm to carb up then keep somewhere reasonably cool.. when they're crystal clear in the bottle then it's a pretty good sign that they're ready to drink

How did you raspberry one look at bottling Roddy , good things to come ? Mines has slowed down so checked the gravity just out of newbie curiosity and its dropping fast [emoji106] smells n tastes very promising [emoji23][emoji23]

Latest posts

Back