Mullet Recipes?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewer Jon

Reaction score
When I was getting my apples scrutting to make this year's cider. I was talking to a "old boy" about my previous batches of cider I have made. And I was saying one sort of failed because it was "tarty flavour". He mentioned that I could add mullet (I think he said mullet, I am just calling it mullet to keep it consistant, it could be called something completely different). I asked what mullet was, and turns out it a spice mix. Now I have looked online for mullet recipes. (Even if that is the right thing) and not came back with much luck. Now I was wondering if any knowledgeable individual would know what I am talking about and if they know of a good recipe.

Or is it one of these trail by error things. When I have to use all the spices in the kitchen and make a mess or the kitchen and my cider.

Any help would be much appriciated :)

Advise sounds a bit fishy :oops:

Sorry

Doesn't mean Mulled by any chance as in mulled wine?

(think red darren might be closer but no harm in suggesting)

My thoughts exactly - mulled cider is excellent

And me.

You can probably just try a mixture of any spices you've got in the kitchen but don't overdo it or it might end up overpowering.
I made some Bragawd recently which is a mead with malt replacing half the honey, plus spices. I didn't have some of those in the recipe I was using, in fact I'd never heard of some of them so I just raided the kitchen - cinamon, ginger, cloves, pepper. Only used a couple of spoonfuls in a gallon and it's turned out very nice.

Hey. Sorry about the late reply, I been busy with college work :-( Thinking about he probably said mulled. It was windy. I tried Ribena Winter Spice. Which depending on how much you put in, did take away the tarty taste a bit. So a sort of win.

Latest posts

Back