let's see you work shops!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islaybrew

Reaction score
so where and how does everyone store there lovely bevrages? would be intrestong and well pretty informative to see. right now I have a airing cupboard hijacked!

20151124_185501.jpg

haha good question, one I recently addressed...

I had a cupboard in the hall that I was using for storage and fermentation but as the temp cooled in the house I needed to keep it warmer, so no good for storage...

the shed in the garden was the best bet for medium term storage (what wouldn't go in the fridge), but a cold snap made my wine bottles go a bit condensationy so I was worried about them going mouldy...

so... fortified my shelf in the cloakroom which is now getting properly stocked (another 50L about to hit home 😃)

d848a8d2948ca4b56c92fd17165fd61f.jpg

b9f6fff61c5ae27e16a824112ad69de9.jpg

Brilliant stuff it looks great! definitely going to have to invest in one of the big 25L tubs, and is that a stick on thermometer there on the side?

what kind of temperature do you store your bottled booze at? do they need to be pretty cool?

Brilliant stuff it looks great! definitely going to have to invest in one of the big 25L tubs, and is that a stick on thermometer there on the side?

what kind of temperature do you store your bottled booze at? do they need to be pretty cool?
cool and constant I think (12 deg c ish anyone ?)

I want one of those 😢

its def a bloke thing.....all the male neighbors are well impressed......

im gonna have to think about insulation....meh more money

ah i'm actually very lucky as I work at a buildbase so great discounts for me! might have to build a brewcave!

stored away in the man cave / work room, i repair computers for a living working from home.. so this is my toy room and office combined

DSC_0414.jpg

stout on the left - cider to the right.. throw in some wine, ag sarah hughs ruby mild mild fermenting in the bucket on the left and 2 wow wines next to it :)

when were not camping i use my 3 way camping fridge to chill wine/beer next to my desk.. just in case :whistle:

DSC_0418.jpg

i used to have a full blown bar in here built by myself.. but i took it out a year or so ago as it was no longer used much and i needed the space, a friend of mine used to work at a pub suppliers and would get me the barrels of beer really cheap.. or free if there was some football on and he was coming round.. lol... in the bar was a 3 headed flash cooler with a built in water re-circ for keeping the barrels cool..

we used to have lots of partys.. haha :twisted:

Picture 118.jpg

stored away in the man cave / work room, i repair computers for a living working from home.. so this is my toy room and office combined

View attachment 3606

stout on the left - cider to the right.. throw in some wine, ag sarah hughs ruby mild mild fermenting in the bucket on the left and 2 wow wines next to it :)

when were not camping i use my 3 way camping fridge to chill wine/beer next to my desk.. just in case :whistle:

View attachment 3609

i used to have a full blown bar in here built by myself.. but i took it out a year or so ago as it was no longer used much and i needed the space, a friend of mine used to work at a pub suppliers and would get me the barrels of beer really cheap.. or free if there was some football on and he was coming round.. lol... in the bar was a 3 headed flash cooler with a built in water re-circ for keeping the barrels cool..

we used to have lots of partys.. haha :twisted:

View attachment 3610

Love the bar :grin: i need one as ive forgot what one looks like :lol:

that my friend is also pretty impressive!

is that a steam box or something in the back there behind the laptop?

its a mini pc, thats running a version of xbmc (kodi) called openelec.. i use it for watching football/sport/films over the net.. not sure what iam allowed to say on the forum but you get the idea of what it can do

and you should of kept the bar...
i know, i know, i know.. :doh: but honestly it just was not getting used and i needed the space for work...
the problem you have is if youve got full sized kegs of ale on tap if your not drinking lots of it everyday then it goes bad in the pipes..
so you have to pull off 2-3 pints just ot get a good one, just like getting the first pint of the day in the pub, so once the barrels were no longer cheap then it gets painfull..
it does genuinly bring a tear to my eye though seeing photos of it.. lol

although when i sold up i did save a single headed cooler with a re-circ i had spare.. so maybe one day ill build a unit to keep corny kegs in and feed them to the flash cooler

Brewing kit and kegs on one side of brew fridge (with fermentor and carbing beer plus a few yeast cultures)

Bottles, grain and conditioning beer on other side.

+ a mini fridge you cant see with more beer in it!

2015-11-25 20.28.37.jpg

2015-11-25 20.29.13.jpg

Back