Hello from rotherham

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trenchart

Reaction score
Just started brewing after a gap of 30 years....used to make the boots kits mainly but now I see lots more choice available. I have just tried a sample of my first brew Woodford wherry with has been bottled for 3 weeks now, it tastes not bad considering I may have been a little eager to sample it but it is more or less totally flat. I used one carbonation drop per 330ml bottle. Hoping it will improve

I'M looking forward to picking up lots of good tips from this great forum....loads of good advice here

Welcome aboard Trenchart, I try my first taste of my second Wherry tomorrow which I bottled on 14/11/15, it's had 11 days in the warm and two days in the fridge. A tester gives me fair idea of how the rest of the batch will be in the weeks to come, I did tweak it a bit, here's what I did:

Woodfordes Wherry 23L 31/10/15 - 14/11/15 - 20-21c
MauriBrew 514 yeast + 1tsp Yeast Nutrient
120g honey
35g Aurora hops 20m boil, tea and hop bag added to the FV
OG:1061 - FG:1011 - 6.7%
Tastes very nice in the trial jar, I’ll try a tester in two weeks, can’t wait.

Thanks for the welcome guys... I've just realised my first mistake I put my newly bottled beer straight in to the conservatory that is like a fridge at the moment.....no secondary fermentation. Is it too late to put it somewhere warm to carbonate? It's been bottled since 1st November.

Like the sound of your tweaked wherry larry:grin:

If you have sediment in the bottle that would suggest theres some yeast in there, place it somewhere warm 19 degrees ish for a fortnight then back to the cold, I think its likely to work, good luck.

bring it back in to somewhere warm... give the bottles a shake to re-disperse the yeast...and leave in warm for a couple of weeks, then put back into the cold conservatory....should be ready before Xmas.

Latest posts

Back