• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted 40l Boiler or BIAB start up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandbachbru

Reaction score
Hi,
Looking for Ideally a buffalo 40l boiler to start having a go at BIAB after using kits for a while. Unfortunately just missed out on two on here!

Thanks for looking!

The HBC setup is a good entry level kit and dont forget you can get a 5% discount from this forum!

Yeah I am planning on trying BIAB and from my research 40l seems best so it doesn't boil over, although I have no experience so happy to be corrected. I would prefer leccy!

Currently £120 on Amazon but others have had good results on ebay. I've got a Buffalo and it's good, but it may be worth looking at some of the BIAB starter kits if you need a chiller, bag, etc too. There are issues with getting a good boil with the Buffalo so you will need to modify it.

Thanks, tysan I'll look into it!

Its a 33 litre bucket and I didn't have any issue with boil over. Others have reported the simple on/off heater element can be a little too aggressive but I didn't have any issues - it was just a nice steady rolling boil for me.

watch the price on the HBC boiler kit, if you use the link in the deal of the week its £10 cheaper than the link Spapro posted, for some reason theres 20% off on the deal of the week instead of 10% , if you then add the 5% site discount youl ge the kit for about £76.. i purchased the same thing about a month ago and its great value for the money.. the deal of the week has been running for at least a month that i know of... lol

heres the other link

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk...iler-chiller-mashing-bag-mash-kit-p-2507.html

it might also be slighty cheaper if you order it from the irish site..

Does that setup work well for BIAB? Looks perfect for just starting off!

yea.. thats exactly what its for, it comes with a brew bag, wort chiller, bucket with a tap and the heating element and of course the beer kit of your choice.

you will need some hosepipe adapters for the wort chiller and some hop bags but other than that its all there

ive done 2 biab brews now and the starter kits been fine.. bargain at £76 inc delivery...

I may very well just do that then - seems to be ideal for what I'm after! How do you get the forum discount?

I went for the citra IPA - always like the citra beer you can buy in bottles so excited to give it a go! Shame I brought 2 tins of extract the other day but guess I can try them when time is short!

Latest posts

Back