Sediment in wine after bottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joiner_8

new to beer brewing
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been having a little problem lately, after my wine has finished fermenting and the clearing process is also finished i have been bottling my wine and it looks crystal clear when bottling, but a week or two later when opening a bottle there seems to be a layer of sediment on the bottom of the bottle, if I decant the wine and strain it through muslin this seems to clear the wine again, any suggestions the wine tastes ok its just the sediment that's the problem.

I tend to let mine sit for over 48 hours now once i add the finings, also don't syphon out every last drop from your DJ's, I'm leaving in the region of 400-600ml behind which i top up with water, that said there are plenty of shop bought wines that have sediment in them though its usually contained to reds.

I've got. Small mount in my bottles too
Wine still tastes very very good
I just leave the last little bit off wine in the bottle, when poring

I always leave a week after the finings are added. That way i don't need to filter and have not seen sediment in a bottle yet.

It was a young's rose wine kit i tried and I did leave it about two weeks after the fining's had been added so dont know what went wrong anyway its still drinkable

If you did want an inexpensive way to filter wine you could make one like this video for under £20 just make sure to get 1 micron
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YOclJsjZnyY

I just got one of my youngs Cabernet blanc bottles off the rack
Lots of sediment
I left it 48hours after finings, looked clear as a bell when bottled
I think I need to buy a filter
Silly question time can I put my wine in a fv and filter back to bottles
Or am I asking for trouble

Latest posts

Back