Big plans ....brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewbeard

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

Well it has finaly happened. I have managed to have take a hobby my wife approves of and get the okay to spend a good sum of money. So I have had this idea for a while, a brew shed. I've seen lots of guys do this. So any way here it is I built a 10x10 shed 2x4 construction. And sided it match my house. I put in 100 amp service 2 sewage drains and a water line. I have an exhaust fan to put in still and I have to insulate and sheet the walls and I also got some epoxy diamond coat for the floor. So my budget $5500.00 us and becuase my brother is a builder I literally got my lumber, door, shingles and lights for free. I have only spent $1200. Minus the cost of fishing the interior I have alot left. I need ideas I was exploring all electric setups but I know nothing about them.I just went to all grain about 6 months ago I was doing mostly parshal mash recipies. I currently have my setup as follows.. 13.5gallon HLT 13.5gallon MT and 13.5 gallon bk I have one transfur pump its kinda slugish and I have a chill plate. My heat source is propane burners I built from outdoor deepfrying kits. So with all that in mind should I go all electric? Should I keep my propane and just upgrade my equipment? Suggestions for upgrades? Ideas for getting the most out of my space? Thanks y'a
0f7bbd4462c89d11cf38817489004441.jpg

Last edited:
Lol my wife might not approve heck the real reason shes lettin me do this is she says my stuff is taking up to much space

Well I went down the rabbit hole on the good ole inter-web and figured out about how much the finish work is gonna cost me. Not as much as I thought. I found that I can retro fit my current equipment. How ever very pricy maby I should stick to propane and use the left over money for smaller upgrades like a fermentation chamber build and a nice kegerator. And maby add some sight glasses to my tanks. I dont know .. But I would like to be able to use the brew shed by spring.

Latest posts

Back